Kasey Kahne Looks for Clean Finish in Wisk/Ultimate Chargers Dodge Charger At Lowe's Motor Speedway Chassis No. 27: This is a brand new chassis that has not been raced at all. It was tested at LMS last month. KASEY KAHNE QUOTES: "I had a...
Kasey Kahne Looks for Clean Finish in Wisk/Ultimate Chargers Dodge Charger At Lowe's Motor Speedway
Chassis No. 27: This is a brand new chassis that has not been raced at all. It was tested at LMS last month.
KASEY KAHNE QUOTES:
"I had a great race going with Trip and those guys at Lowe's last year and I hope we can run just as strong this weekend. The Ultimate Chargers Dodge has a little different look to it this weekend with Wisk on the hood. It's their first race on the car this season and we want to give them a good finish. I am a lot more comfortable on this new track surface and with the new tire after racing in the All-Star Challenge last Saturday. Hopefully that will be an advantage when we get on the track with the Wisk Dodge this weekend."
"We are taking a brand new car to Charlotte that we haven't raced before. It has been tested there but I think we learned the most from the All-Star Race last weekend. Obviously it's going to be real loose if you put on sticker tires. At this race specifically it's going to be a big help to have that Cup affiliation so we know more about where our setup needs to be with these new tires and track surface."
* In Busch Series competition Kasey Kahne has one pole, two top 10s and has led 40 laps in eight starts at Lowe's Motor Speedway (LMS).
* Last week Kahne won the poll for the All-Star Challenge at LMS and lead 10 laps before falling victim to a mid-race spin.
* Kahne last drove the Ultimate Chargers Dodge at Darlington where he started third and finished 11th.
* In the spring Busch race at Lowe's last season, Kahne sat on the pole and led 40 laps of the event before having problems with a right front tire.
* The No. 9 Lipton/Ultimate Chargers Dodge Charger will be pitted by Kahne's Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Nextel Cup team this Saturday night at LMS.