JEREMY MAYFIELD NASCAR NEXTEL CUP PERFORMANCE AT LOWE'S MOTOR SPEEDWAY * Concord's Camry...The No. 36 360 OTC Toyota Camry Jeremy Mayfield is scheduled to drive this weekend in the event at Lowe's Motor Speedway is Chassis No. 105. ...
JEREMY MAYFIELD NASCAR NEXTEL CUP PERFORMANCE AT LOWE'S MOTOR SPEEDWAY
* Concord's Camry...The No. 36 360 OTC Toyota Camry Jeremy Mayfield is scheduled to drive this weekend in the event at Lowe's Motor Speedway is Chassis No. 105. This is not the same car the team utilized last weekend in the Nextel Open, but it was tested at the track earlier this month.
* Mayfield's Career Stats...Mayfield hopes to make his 407th career NASCAR Nextel Cup Series start when he takes the green flag for the 600-mile event Sunday evening. He made his first career Cup Series start in October 1993 at Lowe's Motor Speedway and finished 29th (qualified 30th) in his first Cup Series start at the Concord, N.C. area track in 1993.
* Mayfield at Lowe's...Mayfield has made 25 starts on the 1.5-mile oval during his Cup Series career and has started inside the top 10 six times, including a front row starting position in this race last season. He has also earned seven top-10 finishes, the highest being a runner-up finish in 2000.
* BDR at LMS...Competitors driving Bill Davis Racing-owned cars have been racing at the track since 1993 and have made 38 starts. Those drivers have posted three top-five finishes and 11 top-10 finishes in Cup Series competition.
* Don't Miss it... Mayfield is scheduled to appear at the Toyota Live stage near the main entrance of the Speedway between the Smith tower and gate 6 on Sunday at 1:30 p.m.
* Lowe's Broadcast Schedule...Qualifying for Sunday's event is scheduled to start at 7:10 p.m. ET Thursday, May 24. The 400-lap event is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET Saturday, May 27, and will broadcast LIVE on FOX (TV), MRN (radio) and Sirius Satellite Radio.
Jeremy Mayfield on Lowe's..."Last weekend was a pretty good weekend for us, and we learned a lot that we can use heading into the Coca-Cola 600. We had a really good test at Lowe's a couple of weeks ago, and we're bringing back that same 360 OTC Toyota, so we're all pretty excited about our chances both of making the race and of what we can do during the 600. We're upbeat, we're getting stronger and we're a lot closer to getting back to where we need to be to be really competitive. We need to make the show, and I think this is the best shot at it that we've had in a while. We've got a fast car, and we're looking forward to getting back to the track."