JACK SPRAGUE ON THE COCA-COLA 600â€¦ "Charlotte's a tough track. We didn't test there, but we used The Winston Open as a test session more or less. Hopefully, we can use some of the information we got last weekend to help us out this time ...
JACK SPRAGUE ON THE COCA-COLA 600…
"Charlotte's a tough track. We didn't test there, but we used The Winston Open as a test session more or less. Hopefully, we can use some of the information we got last weekend to help us out this time around. The NetZero HiSpeed Pontiac was fast and responded to changes pretty well, which is something that is certainly important for this race.
"Not only do you have to be able to run all those laps and stay out of trouble, but you also go through a bunch of changes going from daylight to running under the lights and with the temperature changes and all that. I really think we could have a good race.
"It would be nice to be able to get this team going on the right track and I think we may have a shot at it this weekend. This race is all about having a car that responds to changes well, so I'm looking forward to heading back there with our experience from The Winston Open."
CHARLOTTE FAST FACTS
· The 2003 Coca-Cola 600 will be Jack Sprague's first NASCAR Winston Cup points race at Lowe's (Charlotte) Motor Speedway. The team opted not to test at the 1.5-mile speedway, but will bring back the same car they utilized in The Winston Open last weekend.
· Sprague's most recent Lowe's points race appearance came in the fall 2002 Busch Series race. He started in 6th and finished 25th.
· Sprague made his initial Lowe's Motor Speedway appearance in the 1989 All Pro 300 NASCAR Busch Series event starting 28th and finishing 41st. The event was Sprague's Busch Series debut.
· Sprague has scored one pole position (his first) in the Busch Series at Lowe's Motor Speedway (1991).
· Sprague is a three-time NCTS champion (1997, 1999, and 2001).
· Sprague is currently tied for 39th in the 2003 NASCAR Winston Cup point standings.
· Sprague is a 2003 NASCAR Winston Cup Raybestos Rookie of the Year candidate and currently holds down fourth place in the overall standings.