No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Testing: Sterling Marlin and the Coors Light team are testing at Martinsville Speedway this week in preparation for the Subway 500 next weekend.
* Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis #507 this weekend at Charlotte. Marlin raced this car for the first time last weekend in Kansas where he stayed in the top-10 for most of the race before settling for a 13th-place finish.
* Native North Carolinians: The Coors Light crew has four members of its team that hail from the Tarheel State. Gasman Randy Hildreth, Spotter Bart Creasman, Truck Driver Tim Beaver and Mechanic Darren Wolfe will all be racing close to their hometowns this weekend.
* Charlotte Stats: Marlin's highest start at Lowe's is fourth, which he has done twice (1986 and 1991) and his highest finish is a victory on October 8, 2001.
* Earlier at Charlotte: Marlin's holiday race weekend ended early when contactwith another competitor sent him spinning into the wall bringing out the caution on lap 216. The Coors Light Dodge's damage was too much to repair and he was relegated to the 39th spot in the Coca-Cola 600 at Lowe's Motor Speedway.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Marlin moved up one spot to 26th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings after his top-15 finish at Kansas last weekend. The No. 40 Dodge, however, is 24th in owner points.