* Joey Logano will be making his second NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Charlotte Motor Speedway in The Home Depot Toyota this weekend. Logano ran in the top 10 for the majority of the scheduled 600-mile race in Charlotte in May including a...
* Joey Logano will be making his second NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Charlotte Motor Speedway in The Home Depot Toyota this weekend. Logano ran in the top 10 for the majority of the scheduled 600-mile race in Charlotte in May including a stint in the top five. However, he was running in the sixth position when rain began to fall over the track. Logano pitted with the leaders while three cars remained on the track. NASCAR eventually called the race due to rain and Logano finished in the ninth position.
* The Home Depot Team and Logano are holding on to 20th place in the Sprint Cup Series point standings. Logano's 14th-place finish in Fontana solidified the spot for another weekend. He currently sits less than 100 points out of 18th.
* Logano captured his second-consecutive NASCAR Nationwide Series victory last weekend in California Speedway. After taking the checkered flag in Kansas, Logano rallied in California after he was forced in the wall to earn the trip to victory lane. Logano is looking for the three-peat this weekend, a feat that has only been done eight times in series history by drivers including Mark Martin, Sam Ard, Harry Gant and teammate Kyle Busch.
* Welcome aboard The Home Depot Associates from store # 766 in Smyrna, Tenn. The store number will ride along with Logano for the 500-mile event on Saturday night. Smyrna is a short drive from Nashville Superspeedway where The Home Depot driver visited victory lane earlier this season in the Nationwide Series race.
* The Home Depot Team is taking chassis #247 to the track this weekend for the NASCAR Banking 500. This chassis will be making its fourth start of the season. Logano's best finish in chassis #247 was a seventh-place finish in Michigan. He also ran this chassis at Indianapolis to a 12-place finish and most recently to a 28th-place effort at Kansas.
* Logano maintains his lead over Scott Speed in the Raybestos Rookie standings by 23 points (219-196) following his 21st Rookie of the Race honor last weekend at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif. Last year's top rookie finished 22nd in the 500-mile race at Charlotte.
Logano on Charlotte:
"We ran really well at Charlotte in May and I'd love to have another good run this weekend. We got bit a little bit by the rain, but we ran in and around the top five most of that race. I seem to run better at tracks that have a lot of grip, and Charlotte is definitely one of those tracks. You always want to run well in Charlotte because it's in our back yards so a lot of people and crew members are there from the shop that don't usually get to be at the track, plus it's under the lights and that just make it cool."