McMurray on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway: "Coming home this weekend to race in our backyard of Charlotte is really great for our whole team. We also have the added excitement of running a special paint scheme this weekend with our Jeremiah ...
McMurray on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway:
"Coming home this weekend to race in our backyard of Charlotte is really great for our whole team. We also have the added excitement of running a special paint scheme this weekend with our Jeremiah Weed Southern Style Sweet Tea Ford which is such a cool looking car. Charlotte's strong link to racing history made this the perfect weekend to introduce NASCAR fans to the Jeremiah Weed brand, and we're thrilled to be a part of the experience. Saturday night's race is the only night race of the Chase so I think all of these aspects combined should make for some great racing this weekend."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway:
"We've had quite a string of bad luck happen lately so my hope is that returning home to North Carolina and racing at Charlotte will help to get us the finish we've deserved. Charlotte is a place that when the sun's out and it's hot, the track is pretty slick, but when the sun goes down and it gets cooler, we gain a lot more grip so we just need to focus on making sure our Ford is handling exactly how Jamie needs it to. Racing at Charlotte has a bit more significance to us since we tend to have a lot of family and friends attend these races, and you always want to run your best at home in front of them."
* Jamie McMurray returns to the track where he scored his first Sprint Cup Series win. McMurray's win came in only his second start at the Sprint Cup level while filling in for the injured Sterling MarlinJ
* With 139 laps led under his belt, Charlotte ranks as the track with the most led for McMurray
* McMurray's best Cup series starting position at Charlotte is fifth which he accomplished in 2002 while his best finish came in that same race when he won
* McMurray has achieved three Top-5 finishes and six Top-10 finishes in his 14 career Sprint Cup series starts at Charlotte
* This weekend at Charlotte, McMurray will pilot the No. 26 Jeremiah Weed Southern Style Sweet Tea Ford Fusion
* Entering the NASCAR Banking 500, McMurray is currently 23rd in the Sprint Cup driver point standings