FAST FACTS: * Jamie McMurray returns to the track where he scored his first NEXTEL Cup Series win. McMurray's win came in only his second start at the NEXTEL Cup level while filling in for the injured Sterling Marlin. * In 10 NEXTEL Cup...
* Jamie McMurray returns to the track where he scored his first NEXTEL Cup Series win. McMurray's win came in only his second start at the NEXTEL Cup level while filling in for the injured Sterling Marlin.
* In 10 NEXTEL Cup Series starts at Lowe's Motor Speedway, McMurray has one win, two top-five and five top-10 finishes.
* McMurray, with 112 laps, has led more laps at the 1.5-mile speedway than any other track in his NEXTEL Cup career.
* Lowe's Motor Speedway ranks as the fifth-best track for McMurray. Currently, he boasts a 15.8-average finish.
McMurray on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway:
"I'm really looking forward to returning to Lowe's this weekend. It's a track that will always be special to me and a track that I really do enjoy racing at each time we visit. In the spring I thought we had a pretty good race car, but we were caught up in a wreck early into the race. We pulled out a top-20 finish, but I know we were capable of running better than that. This weekend, we are taking a really good race car to Lowe's. We have run this car a few races this year and each race it seems to run really well and post pretty good finishes. I don't want to go as far to say that it's my favorite car, but certainly a car that I feel comfortable driving.
"Being caught up in that wreck last week was certainly not what our team needed. For the last few weeks we have continued to unload good race cars, and last weekend was no different. We had a strong car, but just couldn't make it to the end to show what we really had. I'm feeling really good about this weekend and the No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion we are taking."
Crew chief Larry Carter on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway:
"We are taking RK-428 to Charlotte this weekend, which is a team favorite car. This is a car that we have run at Charlotte, Pocono and a few other tracks this season. It's a car that Jamie feels good in and feels comfortable driving it. That always makes it easier on the crew chief side, because Jamie knows exactly what we need to do to this car to make it turn better and find the extra speed in the car. This is a car that has been pretty good to us this season, and hopefully this weekend in front of our hometown crowd, it will perform for us again.
"I know all the guys on the No. 26 are looking forward to the race and having their family and friends at the track. So, hopefully we'll put on a good show for them and have a good run on Saturday night."
* Oct. 11 - ***PUBLIC APPEARANCE*** - Roush Fenway Racing Museum - Concord, N.C.; 10:00am - 10:30am