* Jamie McMurray will be running a special IRWIN Industrial Tools paint scheme this weekend -- the No. 26 IRWIN Speedbor Ford Fusion. * Lowe's Motor Speedway is home of McMurray's first Nextel Cup victory. In October 2002, McMurray won the race...
* Jamie McMurray will be running a special IRWIN Industrial Tools paint scheme this weekend -- the No. 26 IRWIN Speedbor Ford Fusion.
* Lowe's Motor Speedway is home of McMurray's first Nextel Cup victory. In October 2002, McMurray won the race in just his second Cup start.
* Statistically speaking -- Lowe's Motor Speedway is McMurray's third best track, behind the road courses of Sonoma and Watkins Glen.
* In eight starts at the 1.5-mile speedway, McMurray has collected five top-10 finishes, helping him earn a 13.1 average finishing spot -- sixth best among active drivers.
McMurray on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway:
"I really look forward to the Charlotte race each year; not just because of my history at the track, but for all of the crew guys. Lowe's is their home track. It's a chance for them to be with their family and friends. Lowe's was the spot of my first Cup victory back in 2002. Since then, I've managed to run really well there. In the spring, we had a good car, and finished in the top 10. Hopefully, we can come in this weekend and do the same. We're running a special IRWIN paint scheme this weekend -- it's our Speedbor car. I expect this car to be just as fast as the name. Hopefully, we can stay out of trouble and get the finish we should've had last week at Talladega."
Crew Chief Bob Osborne on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway:
"It's always nice to run at Charlotte. It gives all the guys a chance to spend some extra time with their family. We are taking a great car this weekend to Lowe's. It's the same car we ran at Fontana last month. The car preformed really well for us in our wind tunnel tests and we're looking forward to getting it back out on the track this weekend. Hopefully, with a good car and some fast pit stops, we can give Jamie another great finish at Lowe's."
* McMurray will be signing autographs at the Roush Racing Museum in Concord, N.C. on Thursday, October 12th from 1:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
-credit: roush racing