Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts: * Chassis ...
Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts:
* Chassis #307: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team are bringing chassis #307 to compete in the UAW-GM Quality 500 at Lowe's Motor Speedway. McMurray scored a seventh-place finish with chassis #307 last weekend at Kansas Speedway. In eight starts in 2004, chassis #307 has posted three top-five and six top-10 finishes.
* Flashback: Lowe's Motor Speedway is the site of McMurray's first NASCAR NEXTEL Cup victory. McMurray, filling in for Sterling Marlin, won in only his second NASCAR NEXTEL Cup start, setting a new modern-era record by becoming the quickest driver to win a Cup race. In four Cup starts at Lowe's Motor Speedway, McMurray has posted one victory, two top-five and three top-10 finishes.
* Mr. Consistency: McMurray heads into Charlotte sitting 11th in points, 82 points ahead of pursuer Dale Jarrett. McMurray has posted seven top-five and 18 top-10 finishes through 30 races this season. He has posted seven top-10 finishes in the last eight NEXTEL Cup Series races.
* Double Duty: McMurray will be pulling double duty this weekend in Charlotte as he will pilot the No. 66 Dodge in the NASCAR Busch Series race on Friday night before climbing behind the wheel of the No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge on Saturday night.
* "Drive for a Cure": McMurray added to his tally of money raised for the Autism Society of America last weekend at Kansas Speedway. He led 15 laps in last weekend's race, bringing the total money raised to $20,412.
Jamie McMurray Quotes:
Charlotte Thoughts: "It always feels good to head back to a racetrack that's considered home turf. Most of the teams are based around Charlotte, so it's like racing in your back yard. As you can imagine, Charlotte is always going to hold a special meaning to me since it's where I got my first Cup win two years ago. We had a strong run in the Texaco/Havoline Dodge back in the Coca-Cola 600 in May, and I'm expecting us to be even stronger this time around. We're taking the same car we finished seventh with at Kansas last weekend, and it's my favorite car, so I'd say we definitely have a shot at getting that second Cup victory this weekend.
This team is probably one of the most consistent on the NEXTEL Cup circuit at the moment, and I feel like we're definitely showing that we should have been in the top 10 and the Chase for the Championship. We are running in the top 10 each week, and hopefully this will be the weekend that we break through into victory lane."