* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Penske Dodge team will use chassis PRS-616 during Saturday's 500-mile event at Lowe's Motor Speedway. PRS-616 last saw racing action at Atlanta Motor Speedway in September when it crossed the finish line in the...
* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Penske Dodge team will use chassis PRS-616 during Saturday's 500-mile event at Lowe's Motor Speedway. PRS-616 last saw racing action at Atlanta Motor Speedway in September when it crossed the finish line in the 14th position.
* Top-10 Result... Driver David Stremme has posted a top-10 result at the 1.5-mile Lowe's Motor Speedway in the past. In the fall of 2007, Stremme started 28th but charged his way to the front and brought his Dodge home in the ninth spot.
* New Coach... Penske Racing has added a new member to its team. Sean Powell has joined the organization as head strength and conditioning coach. Powell comes to Penske Racing from the NFL's Carolina Panthers where he worked for eight seasons with the team. Powell's day-to-day responsibilities include creating and executing workouts for the entire Penske Racing organization.
* For the Fans... On Friday, October 16th, Penske Racing will host its annual Fan Fest. The event will give fans an up close and personal look at the 550,000 square foot racing facility. Both IndyCar Series and NASCAR drivers will be on hand to meet with their fans, as well as sign autographs. The event is slated to get underway at 8 a.m. ET. Visit www.penskeracing.com for more information.
David Stremme on driving at Lowe's Motor Speedway
"Lowe's Motor Speedway is considered home for most of the teams and drivers in NASCAR. It gives all of us an opportunity to sleep in our own bed and enjoy all the comforts of home. The mile-and-a-half tracks have been one of our strong suits this season. We have had some of our best runs at these types of tracks. In May, we had a really good car and I feel like, as a team, we have made a lot of gains since then. We know what we need to do to be successful and I am ready to get going."
Crew chief Roy McCauley on racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway
"Our goal this weekend is to stay out of trouble and bring our Dodge home in the top-15. In the spring race, the middle groove seemed to be fast and our setup seemed to work really well there. David [Stremme] really seems to like the fast high-banked tracks like Lowe's [Motor Speedway]. They fit his driving style. If we can keep our nose clean all day, I am confident we will have a strong run on Saturday night."