NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series: Bud Shootout, Gatorade Duel, Daytona 500 NASCAR Busch Series: Hersey's Kissable 300 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: GM Flex Fuel 250 ROUSH RACING FAST FACTS * This season will mark the final for Mark Martin as a ...
NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series: Bud Shootout, Gatorade Duel, Daytona 500
NASCAR Busch Series: Hersey's Kissable 300
NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: GM Flex Fuel 250
ROUSH RACING FAST FACTS
* This season will mark the final for Mark Martin as a regular on the Nextel Cup circuit.
* Martin will debut the No. 6 AAA Ford Fusion at this year's Speedweeks.
* Martin is scheduled to run five races during the 2006 Speedweeks. He is scheduled to run a total of 470 laps and 1,175 miles over the course of this year's Speedweeks.
* Martin has started 602 Cup races with 339 top-10 and 214 top-five finishes.
* Martin has currently started 545 consecutive Cup races, the third longest active streak. After the running of the Daytona 500, Martin will hold the longest current streak of consecutive starts.
* Martin has finished in the final eight of the Cup standings in 15 of the last 17 seasons.
* Greg Biffle took his first ever Cup Series win at Daytona on July 5th, 2003 during his rookie season.
* Biffle also took his first ever Cup Series pole at Daytona when he topped the speed charts during qualifying for the 2004 Daytona 500.
* In addition to Biffle's Cup win at Daytona, he also has a pair of second place Busch finishes at the 2.5-mile oval.
* The National Guard Ford Fusion will feature the signature red, white and blue paint scheme in the Daytona 500.
* Matt Kenseth will compete in the 2006 Crown Royal IROC Series, the third time he has taken part in the series, winning the IROC Championship in 2004.
* In his two previous IROC starts at Daytona, Kenseth finished third and fourth.
* Kenseth has finished 6th the past two seasons in the Gatorade Duel, both marking the best of his career.
* Kenseth gained entry into the Bud Shootout by winning poles in 2005, first at Bristol Motor Speedway in August and at Kansas Speedway in October. This will mark Kenseth's second Bud Shootout.
* By finishing 42nd in the 2005 Daytona 500, Kenseth & the No. 17 DEWALT team snapped a 71 consecutive race streak in which they had been inside the top-10 in the Championship Points Standings, dating back to the 2003 Daytona 500.
* Jamie McMurray will make his debut behind the wheel of the No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion this weekend at the Daytona International Speedway. The Budweiser Shootout on February 11th marks McMurray's first start for Roush Racing.
* McMurray earned his spot in the Shootout by grabbing the pole position at the Pocono Raceway on July 24th, 2005.
* McMurray will sport the colors of co-primary sponsors Crown Royal and IRWIN Industrial Tools in 2006. McMurray will run the new purple Crown Royal paint scheme for both the Bud Shootout and the Daytona 500.
* McMurray will be running a brand new car, car number 73, in the Budweiser Shootout, and car number 55 in the Daytona 500. Car number 55 finished second in the 500 last year.
* This will be Carl Edwards' 50th start in his Nextel Cup Series career. Edwards' first Cup start came in August of 2004 in Michigan.
* Edwards' average start at restrictor-plate tracks is 23.4; with his average finish at 22.6. At his most recent plate race (Talladega '05) he posted a top-five finish.
* Edwards enters the year as one of four drivers to have more than two wins in each series (Cup, Busch, and Truck). Also, Edwards is one of eight drivers to have a pole in each of the series.
* In Edwards' 49 Cup starts, 29% have resulted in Top-five's and 47% resulted in Top 10's.
* Edwards is one of four drivers making their first start in the Budweiser Shootout at Daytona. Edwards won two poles last year, at Fontana and Homestead.
* Danny O'Quinn will run the ARCA Re/Max Series ARCA Daytona 200 to get additional track-time and more experience racing in the draft during Speedweeks.
* O'Quinn's start in the No. 39 World Financial Group ARCA car at Daytona will be his first-ever start at the historic Florida superspeedway.
* The Hershey's Kissables 300 will be O'Quinn's first career Busch Series start, and his first career NASCAR start.
* O'Quinn will begin the battle for his fourth-career Rookie of the Year title as he starts the season in Daytona campaigning for the 2006 Raybestos Rookie of the Year award in the Busch Series.
* This will be Mark Martin's fourth career Craftsman Truck Series Race.
* Martin has finished in the top 10 in each of his Truck starts, including a win at North Wilkesboro in 1996.
* This will be one of five races that Martin will compete in during Daytona Speedweeks.
* Martin is scheduled to run seven Craftsman Truck races in 2006, before moving into the series full-time in 2007.