Jeremy Mayfield No. 19 Dodge Dealers Intrepid R/T PLANS FOR WEEKEND "Michigan is going to be big for us. It's Dodge's backyard. We'll have a lot of people there. It's going to be busy. I know Casey's got a lot going on too since Sirius is ...
No. 19 Dodge Dealers Intrepid R/T
PLANS FOR WEEKEND
"Michigan is going to be big for us. It's Dodge's backyard. We'll have a lot of people there. It's going to be busy. I know Casey's got a lot going on too since Sirius is the race sponsor. I know a lot of the Dodge dealers and executives will be there, so we really want to put on a good show for them."
RACING AT MICHIGAN
"I like Michigan. I did okay last year at this race. I don't really expect anything different this year. Michigan is similar to California and I really like California so we'll see. These guys have been working hard. We don't give up and we've been making gains each week. That's what you've got to do. You've got to concentrate on each race and go from there."
STATS & FACTS
* This weekend's race marks Mayfield's 252nd career start in the NASCAR Winston Cup Series and his 17th career visit to Michigan. He has two top-fives, three-top 10s and has led three races for a total of 88 laps led at the track. Mayfield earned his best start at Michigan (fifth) in August of 1999. His best finish at the track (fourth) came in last year's spring race. Mayfield's most recent start at Michigan came in last year's fall race, where he started 19th and finished 13th, leading once on the day.
* Last weekend at Pocono, Mayfield started his No. 19 Dodge Intrepid R/T in the 24th spot based on owners points after water seepage on the track washed out qualifying. The two-time Pocono winner patiently picked his way through the field. But his consistent run ended on lap 145 due to mechanical problems.
* After last weekend's finish at Michigan, Mayfield dropped from 24th to 25th in points. Mayfield is just 123 points out of 20th place. His season-high ranking this year was 16th, which he reached after an 11th place finish at Martinsville. Mayfield's best overall finish in the Winston Cup points race came in 1998 when he ranked seventh at the season's end.
* Mayfield's second-place run this year at Las Vegas was his best run at the track and his best overall finish since the 2000 Pennzoil 400 at Homestead-Miami where he finished second. The finish also qualified Mayfield for the Winston No Bull 5 $1 million bonus during the May race in Charlotte.
* Coming into the 2002 season, Mayfield had 237 starts, with six poles (two at Talladega and one at Darlington, Dover, Rockingham, and Texas), three wins (two at Pocono, and one at California), 33 top fives and 58 top 10s. His most recent win came at Pocono in June of 2000.