Scott Riggs Quotes: "We had a solid top 10 at Bristol in this race last year and then in at the August race we were running top 10 when the motor blew. I think that coming back to this track with Valvoline Evernham Racing behind us this time...
Scott Riggs Quotes:
"We had a solid top 10 at Bristol in this race last year and then in at the August race we were running top 10 when the motor blew. I think that coming back to this track with Valvoline Evernham Racing behind us this time could be the difference. Ray has given me the opportunity to run the Busch race as well, that's also going to help us out with the Valvoline/Stanley Tools Dodge as far as setup and seat time for me. Once I qualify for this race it is going to be a huge weight off my shoulders because hopefully this will be the last time we have to make the field on time all season. This team has done a great job overcoming adversity in the past races and we want to continue that trend this weekend at Bristol."
Rodney Childers Quotes:
"We have a few solid reasons to be optimistic about this weekend. Scott is good at getting around Bristol and this week he is getting some seat time in our No. 9 Busch car, the Lawry's Dodge. Not only that, but our Valvoline Evernham Racing over-the-wall crew gets to pit the Busch car so everyone should be familiar with how quick things can happen at that track and the size of its pit road by the time the race comes around on Sunday. Hopefully the Busch car will run well and that will help get everyone pumped up.
"The Valvoline/Stanley Tools Dodge that we are taking is on of Kasey's (Kahne) cars from last year, but it is also one of the nicest cars I have ever taken to Bristol. Usually the car you take there isn't this nice because you know it is going to get banged up at some point."
* Sunday's race will mark Riggs fifth NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series start at Bristol Motor Speedway. Last spring he collected his best finish at the track when he finished 10th.
* In the spring Cup race at Bristol last year, Riggs started 28th but finished 10th.
* In four Cup starts at Bristol, Riggs has earned one top-10 finish and $408,942.
* Riggs scored his season-best finish of 11th on Monday at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
* If Valvoline Evernham Racing is inside the top 35 in owner's points (currently 28th) following Sunday's race, then they will be guaranteed a starting spot at Martinsville for the first time all season.