WEEKEND OF FIRSTS FOR THE ...
WEEKEND OF FIRSTS FOR THE #88 TEAM AT BRISTOL
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (March 20, 2007) -- This weekend the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series travels to Bristol Motor Speedway for the Food City 500 and it will mark a series of firsts for the #88 team. NASCAR's Car of Tomorrow will make its racing debut providing a true test as to how the newly redesigned body styles will handle the pressures of race day. Sunday will also mark the first time the #88 team has run a special paint scheme for the 2007 season. Instead of the normal Snickers Racing scheme, the team will be running a bright yellow PEDIGREE Brand Food for Dogs Ford Fusion.
Quoting PEDIGREE Driver, Ricky Rudd:
What are your feelings heading into Bristol this weekend with the new Car of Tomorrow?
"Bristol is always an interesting place to say the least. There's definitely a lot of excitement, but there's going to be a lot more unknowns for everyone when we go back to Bristol with the Car of Tomorrow. We struggled the first day of testing with the new cars and had a hard time figuring out how to get the suspension working correctly. We came back the next day after the guys had worked hard, and I really liked what I had for race set-up. We'll just have to see how it all turns out, but it should be a very exciting weekend for everyone that's for sure."
Quoting PEDIGREE Crew Chief, Butch Hylton:
What are you looking forward to at Bristol for this weekend?
"I'm really excited about the Car of Tomorrow races. It's going to be something very different for us and all the other teams as well as the fans, but I think that it should be a really fun weekend with a lot of racing action that fans come to expect when they come to Bristol."
NOTES OF INTEREST:
* The #88 team will be running a Pedigree paint scheme this weekend at Bristol
* Rudd has a driver rating of 92.7 at Bristol which is the ninth best of current drivers
* Rudd has led 605 laps at Bristol
* Rudd's average finish at Bristol is 14.536
* Rudd has a tenth-best average running position of 13.320 at Bristol among all active drivers
* Rudd's best finish at Bristol is second scored at both the spring and fall races in 1981, as well as a second-place finish each in 1985 and 1986
* Rudd earned his best starting spot at Bristol in 1984 while driving the #15 Wrangler Jeans Ford by earning the pole for the Valleydale 500
Chassis 704 is a brand new chassis for the #88 Snickers Team. It is the same chassis the team used during the test session at Bristol at the end of February 2007.