Bristol Motor Speedway * Johnson has made 14 Cup Series starts at Bristol Motor Speedway, posting two top-five and six top-10 finishes. * Johnson has completed 97.7% (6846 of 7010) of competition laps at the short track and has led 43. * He...
Bristol Motor Speedway
* Johnson has made 14 Cup Series starts at Bristol Motor Speedway, posting two top-five and six top-10 finishes.
* Johnson has completed 97.7% (6846 of 7010) of competition laps at the short track and has led 43.
* He has an average start and finish of 17.3 and 17.4.
* Johnson will pilot chassis No. 480 in Sunday's race. He finished fifth at Dover International Speedway in that chassis last September.
* The backup chassis, No. 465, was last driven to a 17th-place finish at Michigan International Speedway in Aug. 2008.
HOW'S YOUR SHORT TRACK PROGRAM? "The short track program, I'm hoping it's good. We haven't had a chance to be on track with anything to see what we have but last year, especially at Martinsville and Richmond, we were in great shape. Bristol, I think we've got a great car there but I just don't know how to get around that race track yet. I will show up and focus and do all the things that I need to and hopefully get it right this time. I'm just not going to admit defeat at that track. I'm not going to let that track beat me. I will win there one of these days before my career is over."
WHAT DID YOU DO DURING THE BREAK, AND DO YOU THINK IT'S A GOOD TIME IN THE SCHEDULE TO HAVE A BREAK? "I'm kind of used to it I guess. We usually have two right out of the gate and in my opinion, I still think we need an off weekend between the 26th and 27th races in case we run into any problems with weather or a national disaster or whatever it may be so we're not caught trying to make up a race at the end. Outside of that, I'd like to see them spread out a little bit more where we can give the teams a break. But this first one is usually needed for the crew guys. They work so hard to get ready for Daytona and to get their car count built up. Rules changes usually come along in January and sometimes even in February. So the guys have really been putting time into building the '09 fleet of cars right now. I think it's a timely one (break) for the crew for sure."