KASEY KAHNE QUOTES "I think the Dodge Charger and everybody at Evernham Motorsports is doing a good job. For them to get a victory last weekend was pretty cool for Dodge and for Ray and everybody on the team, Jeremy Mayfield, really helped...
KASEY KAHNE QUOTES
"I think the Dodge Charger and everybody at Evernham Motorsports is doing a good job. For them to get a victory last weekend was pretty cool for Dodge and for Ray and everybody on the team, Jeremy Mayfield, really helped him in the Chase for the Nextel Cup. You know, we're just excited for Bristol. It's a track I really like going to. (We're) excited to get there and see how our cars are. I think we'll be pretty good. We were a top-10 car at the start of the year and ended up 14th. I think we should hopefully be up there again."
HOW BRISTOL STANDS OUT IN KAHNE'S MIND:
"You know, just intense every lap. When you get on the track and practice, if you're not up to speed in your first corner and go for it, you get run over from behind. It's so fast, so loud, everybody's in one spot. It's really exciting. It's a lot of fun to race at. You know, it's intense. It's just a really intense racetrack."
STATS & FACTS
KASEY KAHNE AT BRISTOL
* This weekend's race will mark Kahne's fourth career NASCAR Nextel Cup Series start at Bristol Motor Speedway. He earned his best career Bristol finish of 14th this April.
* Kahne has never started a Bristol race outside of the top 10 (fifth, second, ninth, in his first three races, respectively).
FAST ON FRIDAYS
* Kahne started the 2004 fall race at Bristol in the front row with a qualifying time of 15.060 sec. -- just 0.152 seconds from the track record.
* The start was one of Kahne's eight front-row starts in 2004, ranking third best on the circuit that year.
* This year Kahne has earned poles at Darlington and Richmond in addition to a second-place start at New Hampshire.
TALLYING UP THE POINTS
* After racing at Michigan, Kahne holds steady in the 19th position of the NASCAR Nextel Cup points standings. His points total of 2,405, is 193 points out of the top-15. Kahne moved to the 19th position after his 17th place finish at Watkins Glen.
LAST WEEKEND AT MICHIGAN
* Kahne led once for 15 laps during the 200-lap event. After starting third he quickly moved to the top position within the first 10 laps.
* Kahne proved to be a strong contender when he restarted 31st and worked his way back to ninth by lap 130. He was running seventh on lap 193 and was moving into the sixth spot just four laps from the end when the engine sputtered. With only three laps remaining, Kahne was out of gas and headed to pit road.
KAHNE CHARGES TO VICTORY AT RICHMOND!!!
* Kahne claimed his first NASCAR Nextel Cup Series victory at Richmond. He started from the pole position, led seven times for 242 laps, and never fell out of the top ten, en route to his first career victory.
* Kahne's win was also the first of the season for the new Dodge Charger, which returned this year after a 27-year hiatus from NASCAR's premier series.
EVERNHAM MOTORSPORTS MILESTONE
* Kahne's win, in addition to teammate Jeremy Mayfield's victory at Michigan, marked the first time that Evernham Motorsports teammates had each won a NASCAR Nextel Cup Series race in the same season.