McMurray on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway: "The biggest things about heading into Bristol is to qualify well so that you have good track position and then to also avoid the wrecks throughout the night. You can be leading the race one minute,...
McMurray on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway:
"The biggest things about heading into Bristol is to qualify well so that you have good track position and then to also avoid the wrecks throughout the night. You can be leading the race one minute, and then find yourself in the middle of a wreck the next minute since we're racing so close and so fast. We do have options now in regards to running the top or the bottom lines since they repaved the track, but you want to do everything you can to be up towards the front when you're at Bristol. I really enjoy short track racing and I'm looking forward to racing under the lights at Bristol... it's always such an exciting race."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway:
"The thing about Bristol is that qualifying is just so important there. Qualifying up front and then being able to get a good pit stop are very important factors to a successful race there. You can overcome track position as the night goes on to a certain degree, by getting on different pit strategies, but you just don't want to get stuck in the back. One of the good things about Bristol now since they repaved the surface is that drivers have the option to run on multiple grooves to be able to pass and maneuver.
We've had a tough past few weeks results-wise, so for us it would be huge in regards to momentum to get a good finish this weekend before we head into an off week. This next stretch of races is a series that has usually been good for the team as well as Jamie, so we'll take a good run this weekend and hope that we can build on all that to finish out the season."
* In his 13 career Cup series starts at Bristol, McMurray averages a 17.2 starting position and a 20.8 finishing position
* McMurray's best Cup series finish came in August 2003 when he finished third
* This weekend at Bristol, McMurray will pilot the No. 26 IRWIN VISE-GRIP Ford Fusion
* McMurray has achieved four top-10 and one top-five finish in his 13 career Cup series starts at Bristol Motor Speedway
* McMurray has completed 6,255 of 6,513 laps (96.0%) in his 13 starts in the Cup series at Bristol
* Entering this weekend's race, McMurray is currently 22nd in the Sprint Cup driver point standings