ELLIOTT SADLER QUOTES: "We're all excited about getting the Dodge Avenger on the racetrack for the first time this year. Bristol will definitely test its durability and how it holds up under pressure. Bristol is an action-packed race and it's...
ELLIOTT SADLER QUOTES:
"We're all excited about getting the Dodge Avenger on the racetrack for the first time this year. Bristol will definitely test its durability and how it holds up under pressure. Bristol is an action-packed race and it's always a tough race. Being the first Car of Tomorrow (COT) race in the history of NASCAR makes it even more exciting. Everybody will bring their best stuff. You want to get started on the right foot. The Avenger is a great tool. We feel like Dodge has done a great job giving us everything we need to be successful. Hopefully we can put it into motion in the No. 19 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Avenger and have a good weekend.
"The COT definitely looks a lot different. I think Bristol was an eye-opener for everybody, having that many Cars of Tomorrow on the track at the same time, but we'll get used to it. I think everybody is a little excited and a little worried. Everybody wants their COT program to be up to speed already, but we'll find out when we get to Bristol and everybody brings their race stuff to the track. It's a great place to race the car for the first time because there's always great racing at Bristol no matter what you drive.
"It's getting more competitive each time we race at Bristol. Everybody runs close to the same speed. We're pretty much going to be on top of each other."
* Sadler knows how to navigate the half-mile bull ring of Bristol Motor Speedway. It was the site of his first Nextel Cup Series victory in 2001.
* Sadler has an average start at Bristol of 16.8 with an average finish of 21.9.
* During Car of Tomorrow testing at Bristol, Sadler's fastest speed during day one came in the evening session. He posted a lap time of 16.031 sec. at 119.693 mph.
* Sadler has led a total of 108 laps at Bristol Motor Speedway.
* In his first race at Bristol with Evernham Motorsports in 2006, Sadler had an impressive qualifying run of ninth.