David Stremme, No. 40 Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon Dodge No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Sizzling Steaks: David Stremme will be appearing at the local Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon on Friday from 6 to 8 p.m. in Johnson City. He will be signing...
David Stremme, No. 40 Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon Dodge
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Sizzling Steaks: David Stremme will be appearing at the local Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon on Friday from 6 to 8 p.m. in Johnson City. He will be signing autographs and chatting with fans before sitting down to a juicy steak himself at the 1805 N. Roan St location.
* Coors Light Audio Interview: Stremme sat down this week with PRN personality Doug Rice to discuss the weekend and his season. "The David Stremme Rookie Show" is now available exclusively at www.CoorsLight.com (click on "The Hook Up" section and to go "Coors Light Racing"). Must be 21 or older to access content. "The David Stremme Rookie Show" is an online audio interview with Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) rookie David Stremme and includes post-race recaps and on- and off-track insights from Stremme.
* Keep on Truckin: One of the No. 40 transport drivers, Tim Beaver, has made it to the second round of the Freightliner Run Smart Hauler Challenge. This is the inaugural year for the event that has hauler drivers maneuvering though an obstacle course to test their skills such as parallel parking and backing up around curves. The first round of the course took place at Las Vegas Motor Speedway two weeks ago. Beaver, a Mooresville, N.C. native, finished the course in a time of 3:02 to score 210 points. The top-16 finishers after the first round move on to round two at Lowe's Motor Speedway in May. Overall, four out of the six Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) transport drivers scored top-16 finishes to move on to round two. Looks like CGRFS has a strong chance at taking home the top honor!
* Bristol Fun Facts: This will be Stremme's first Cup Series start at Bristol Motor Speedway and his first short track race of the season. He has four Busch Series starts in Bristol, with one top-10 and two top-20 finishes.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Jeff Vandermoss and the No. 40 crew will be taking chassis No. 302 for the Food City 500 this weekend. This will mark the first time this chassis has run this season. It was part of the No. 41 teams stable last season.
* Rookie Ranks: Stremme is currently sixth in the Raybestos Rookie of the Year standings after his 33rd-place effort in Atlanta this week. Stremme, with 27 points, is 16 points behind leader Clint Boyer.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: After finishing 33rd this week at Atlanta, Stremme maintained his 35th-place position in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings. He is 200 points out of the top 10.
* 2006 Sponsors: The No. 40 Dodge Charger will sport both the Coors Light and Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon logos this season. The two will serve as the primary sponsors for 17 races each, and as associate sponsors for the other 19 races.