The Home Depot Team Notes of Interest * Joey Logano heads to his home track of Atlanta Motor Speedway (AMS) this weekend for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event. Logano grew up racing around AMS, but on the smaller front-stretch oval in ...
The Home Depot Team Notes of Interest
* Joey Logano heads to his home track of Atlanta Motor Speedway (AMS) this weekend for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event. Logano grew up racing around AMS, but on the smaller front-stretch oval in Bandoleros and Legends cars. In fact, Logano still holds the track record for consecutive wins in a Legends car with 14 victories in 2002. He captured several track and national titles while competing at Atlanta.
* Meet Joey! Fans of Logano and crew chief Greg Zipadelli can meet them at The Home Depot store #157 in McDonough, Ga. on Thursday, March 5 from 5 -- 7 p.m. The store is located at 1750 Jonesboro Rd., off of Interstate 75 at exit 221. There will be a children's workshop, photo opportunities with the No. 20 Home Depot Toyota and an autograph signing by Logano and Zipadelli.
* This will be Logano's first race around the 1.5-mile oval at AMS. He attempted to run in the Sprint Cup race last fall but rain canceled qualifying and without owner's points he did not qualify for the event.
* The Home Depot Racing Team and crew chief Zipadelli have 20 starts at the Atlanta track. The team has two victories at AMS and 12 top-10 finishes. The team finished second last year in the March race.
* Logano made not only his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series debut at Las Vegas Motor Speedway but also his stock car debut in Las Vegas last weekend. Logano started from the 20th position and captured his first career top-15 finish when he took the checkered flag in the 13th position. The result moved Logano and the No. 20 team from the 37th position in the Sprint Cup Standings to 32nd.
* The 13th-place effort at Las Vegas moved Logano ahead in the 2009 Raybestos Rookie of Year standings. Logano has captured Rookie of the Race honors for the last two weeks and leads Scott Speed 32-31 in the overall rookie standings.
* HomeDepotRacing.com has been revamped for the 2009 season. Fans can track Joey's races and appearances throughout the season, read about his experiences during his rookie campaign in Joey's Journal and ask Joey questions that he will answer for fans.
Logano Discusses Racing at Atlanta
Heading back to Atlanta
"I'm looking forward to going back to Atlanta. Even though I don't have more than maybe 15 laps on the big track from last year, I have a lot of history and success there. It's The Home Depot's headquarters and a track where a lot of my family and friends will be at too. So that to me makes it fun.
"Running competitively the last couple weeks should really help this week. Even though the tracks aren't the same, California and Las Vegas were both really fast tracks and Atlanta is one of the quickest on the circuit. Last week was a huge boost to the team, everything went really smooth and we had a great finish."