TRAVIS KVAPIL, YATES RACING No. 28 Hitachi Power Tools Ford Fusion Travis Kvapil on Atlanta: "I'm looking forward to Atlanta because it's a fun track with multiple grooves that you can drive and it's a very high-speed track. I tend to really...
TRAVIS KVAPIL, YATES RACING
No. 28 Hitachi Power Tools Ford Fusion
Travis Kvapil on Atlanta:
"I'm looking forward to Atlanta because it's a fun track with multiple grooves that you can drive and it's a very high-speed track. I tend to really like the 1.5-mile fast tracks and Atlanta's one that definitely fits that mold. Atlanta is just a really exciting track to race at for both the drivers and the race fans alike. I definitely think that we'll have a car that is strong enough to bring home another solid finish for our No. 28 Hitachi Power Tools team this weekend. I know that as soon as we unload on Friday morning we'll make sure that we get as much speed out of our car as possible in the practice sessions leading up to the 500 miles on Sunday afternoon."
Crew chief Todd Parrott on Atlanta:
"Looking ahead to this weekend's race, we're really looking forward to Atlanta. Travis really enjoys racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway because he has options when it comes to what lines he can run on throughout the race. The car we're racing this weekend was our primary car at Richmond back in September and we brought home a 17th-place finish for that race. We've been able to learn a lot about how these cars handle at the 1.5-mile tracks and I feel very confident about our outcome this weekend at Atlanta."
NOTES OF INTEREST:
* Kvapil will sign autographs at the Ford Racing merchandise trailer on Sunday, October 26th at 10:00a.m.
* Kvapil is schedule to participate in the NASCAR Foundation Track Walk on Sunday, October 26th
* Kvapil has an average starting position of 33.2, and an average finish of 32.2 at Atlanta
* Kvapil has completed 1,281 of 1,625 career laps at Atlanta (78.8 percent)
* Kvapil's best starting position at Atlanta is from 20th in the 2005 Golden Corral 500
* Kvapil's best finish at Atlanta is 26th which he accomplished in the 2005 Bass Pro Shops MBNA 500
* Kvapil will drive the No. 09 entry for Roush Fenway Racing in the Craftsman Truck Series this weekend
Chassis #563 is the chassis the No. 28 Hitachi Power Tools team will be running this weekend for the Pep Boys Auto 500 at Atlanta. This is the same chassis the team last raced at Richmond in September and earned a 17th-place finish.