Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge Texaco/Havoline Team Fast Facts: * Points Position: Jamie McMurray and the Texaco/Havoline team moved up three positions to 11th in the overall standings with their seventh-place effort at...
Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge
Texaco/Havoline Team Fast Facts:
* Points Position: Jamie McMurray and the Texaco/Havoline team moved up three positions to 11th in the overall standings with their seventh-place effort at Martinsville Speedway last weekend. They are 18 points ahead of 12th place and currently leading the bid for the season-ending $1 million bonus for the highest finishing team outside of "The Chase."
* Final Four: McMurray and the No. 42 Dodge team recorded one-top five and three top-10 finishes during the final four races of last season to finish 11th in the overall standings and collect the $1 million bonus. They scored a total of 544 points over that period. Atlanta (eight-place finish), Phoenix (24th), Darlington (fourth) and Homestead (seventh). The Darlington event has been replaced with Texas where McMurray finished second earlier this season.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team have selected chassis #403 for this weekend's race at Atlanta Motor Speedway. This is clearly McMurray's favorite car as the team has previously used it in 12 events this season. It has top-10 finishes at the first California (fourth), Texas (second), Darlington (sixth) and the first Pocono (10th).
* Wanna Ride?: On Thursday, McMurray and other Coca-Cola Racing Family drivers will be taking Coca-Cola consumer promotion Grand Prize Winners for a ride around Atlanta Motor Speedway.
* Get An Autograph for Autism: On Thurs., Nov. 3 Jamie McMurray will be at the Texaco Xpress Lube in Ft. Worth, Tex., signing autographs for autism awareness. Up to 300 race fans will be encouraged to make a $10 donation, with proceeds benefiting the Autism Society of America.
Time: 3-4 p.m. CT
Location: 4015 Sycamore School Rd., Ft. Worth, Tex. 76133
* "Shine On" Diecast Car Sweepstakes: Forty two lucky participants have the chance to win a complete set of four limited edition No. 42 Texaco/Havoline "Shine On" diecast cars signed by Jamie McMurray. To register, visit www.texacohavoline42.com. The replica cars driven by McMurray at Texas (April), Charlotte (May), Sonoma and Talladega (Oct.) are a part of the "Shine On" series celebrating the history of the Texaco brand with four retro logos on the hood. The sweepstakes began on Sept. 20 and ends on Nov. 30.
Jamie McMurray on Atlanta Motor Speedway:
"I'm really looking forward to heading down to Atlanta this weekend. The Texaco/Havoline team is coming off a great run last week at Martinsville and we're hoping to keep that momentum going with a good run at Atlanta. We always tend to run well at Atlanta although our results don't necessarily represent that. We've had some mechanical problems take us out a few times, but overall it's one of our better tracks.
"We're taking one of our best cars and we've made a few changes to it to resemble the car we ran in Charlotte. That thing was awesome before we got caught up in an accident and we've tried to duplicate much of what we had with that car. I expect it to be really fast when we unload.
"It's important for us to have a good run this weekend so we can maintain 11th in the standings. I feel like we've begun to hit on some things the last few weeks that should help our efforts for the final four races. We really want the $1 million bonus and it's ours to lose at this point. We're going to give it everything we have until the checkered flag at Homestead."