DAVID GILLILAND, YATES RACING No. 38 Aflac Cancer Center Ford Fusion David Gilliland on Atlanta: "Atlanta is one of my favorite tracks for a few reasons. First off, it's one of the fastest tracks that we go to throughout the season. Secondly,...
DAVID GILLILAND, YATES RACING
No. 38 Aflac Cancer Center Ford Fusion
David Gilliland on Atlanta:
"Atlanta is one of my favorite tracks for a few reasons. First off, it's one of the fastest tracks that we go to throughout the season. Secondly, there are a lot of grooves on the track surface and that gives us plenty of room to race. You can run up high, down low, or in the middle. As a race car driver, that's the kind of track that you want to go to; a place that you have options and where you have the ability to move around and find your best line. Atlanta is a place that I always look forward to going to. I think that we are going to have a great performance this weekend. We are running a paint scheme in support of the Aflac Cancer Center which I couldn't be more honored about. It means a lot to be representing such a great cause and I look forward to this weekend with our No. 38 Aflac Cancer Center Ford Fusion."
Crew chief Cully Barraclough on Atlanta:
"David enjoys racing at Atlanta because it's a track that's fast, yet it also gives drivers enough room to find the lines they like running in. We're bringing the car we last ran at Dover back in September where we earned a 19th-place finish with the car. We've been able to race this same chassis about five times this year and we're happy with the car's performance and handling. Of course we hope that the weather will cooperate this week so that we can qualify Friday in order to get a jump on track position for Sunday's race. I'm looking forward to racing at Atlanta this weekend."
NOTES OF INTEREST:
* Gilliland will visit patients at the Aflac Children's Cancer Center Thursday, October 23rd
* Gilliland will sign autographs at the Ford Racing merchandise trailer on Sunday, October 26th at 10:00 a.m.
* Gilliland is scheduled to participate in the NASCAR Foundation Track Walk Sunday, October 26th
* Gilliland has an average starting position of 24.0 and an average finish of 29.8 at Atlanta
* Gilliland has completed 1,031 of 1,304 career laps at Atlanta (79.1 percent)
* Gilliland's best start at Atlanta is from 13th which he accomplished in the 2007 Pep Boys Auto 500
* Gilliland's best finish at Atlanta came in the 2006 Bass Pro Shops MBNA 500 where he finished 15th
Chassis #506 is the chassis the No. 38 Aflac Cancer Center team will be running this weekend for the Pep Boys Auto 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. This is the same chassis the team last ran at Dover in September and finished 19th.