Chad McCumbee No. 45 Marathon American Spirit Motor Oil Dodge Chad McCumbee: "You know, I was a little disappointed after the Martinsville race. Nobody wants to be happy with a 25th-place finish. But after I got home and started thinking about...
No. 45 Marathon American Spirit Motor Oil Dodge
"You know, I was a little disappointed after the Martinsville race. Nobody wants to be happy with a 25th-place finish. But after I got home and started thinking about it, I don't think I have ever learned as much during the course of a race than I did Sunday. Our communication was great and our car got better as the race went on, the pit crew guys did a nice job, and we brought the car home in one piece. Now I feel like it was a good race for us."
"Atlanta is a pretty special racetrack for me. I qualified and finished in the top-five for the first time in my truck career there in March. That was a moment that told me that I could do this, that if I worked hard enough I could compete at a high level. That race was a big shot in the arm to our team and we've been pretty competitive since then. I feel confident we can have a similar run this weekend in the No. 45 Marathon American Spirit Motor Oil Dodge. Hopefully that will have the same 'springboard' effect to the rest of the year."
"When we tested at Lowe's we came away feeling good about the rest of the intermediate tracks. I think we learned a lot of stuff that we can apply to the rest of the season. As I've said before, the 1.5-2-mile tracks are where I feel the most comfortable. I've got a lot of experience on those tracks in trucks and in ARCA. Atlanta has been one of my favorite racetracks and I'm excited to make my Sprint Cup debut there this weekend."
* McCumbee will be making his Sprint Cup debut at the Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend
* In five NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series starts at AMS, McCumbee has scored one top-five and two top-ten finishes. He has led four laps.
* McCumbee scored his first career top-5 finish in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series at AMS in March.
* McCumbee has competed in five Sprint Cup Series races for Petty Enterprises. His best finish of 17th came at Pocono in June.
* McCumbee won an ARCA race in his very first start for Petty Enterprises, which came at the Pocono Raceway in 2007