Bobby Labonte -- Fast Facts * After a fifth-place finish in Las Vegas last week, Labonte is now 10th in Sprint Cup points for owner Jeff Moorad. * In 32 starts at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Labonte has six wins, 12 top-fives, 13 top-10s and two...
Bobby Labonte -- Fast Facts
* After a fifth-place finish in Las Vegas last week, Labonte is now 10th in Sprint Cup points for owner Jeff Moorad.
* In 32 starts at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Labonte has six wins, 12 top-fives, 13 top-10s and two pole awards.
* Labonte has led 959 laps at the 1.54-mile quad-oval, his career-best track.
* In 10,251 possible laps, Labonte has completed 9,509, a 92.8 percent consistency.
* Labonte, noted for his success at intermediate tracks has 12 wins, 63 top-fives, 97 top-10s and 16 pole awards at tracks like Atlanta Motor Speedway.
Ask.com Racing -- Fast Facts
* Before getting into the No. 96 Ask.com Ford Fusion for his qualifying laps at Atlanta Motor Speedway on Friday, March 6, driver Bobby Labonte will give a deserving fifth grader a ride to school and present Cotton Indian Elementary, in Stockbridge, Ga., a computer donation on behalf of Ask.com and the Safe Search Schools program. The program -- a partnership between Ask.com, Web Wise Kids and NASCAR -- launched in the Atlanta-area last month to promote safe internet searching among elementary school students. Local Atlanta teachers, parents and students submitted nominations for their school to be recognized as a Safe Search School by visiting safesearchschools.com. Cotton Indian Elementary was selected by a Blue Ribbon Panel of experts from nearly 200 entries. Ask.com will continue raise awareness about the importance of internet education throughout the season, including launching the Safe Search Schools program in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area next week.
* Ask.com will honor employee Liz McMillan in Atlanta this weekend by placing her name on the hood of the No. 96 Ask.com Ford Fusion. Liz McMillan is a lead analyst responsible for measuring and analyzing Ask.com's toolbar performance, both the Ask.com toolbar as well as the new Ask.com NASCAR toolbar. Liz was chosen to represent Ask.com as the employee honoree at the Kobalt Tolls 500 because of her tireless dedication, strong work ethic, and valuable insights that she provides to her team, and the company, on a daily bases.
Bobby Labonte on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway in the Kobalt Tools 500:
"I've always enjoyed racing at Atlanta and after our finish last week I'm really excited to get back to the track. Last week in Vegas was so much fun. It felt so good to be out front and have a solid car. The No. 96 Ask.com Ford Fusion is exactly where I want it and I couldn't be more pleased with what Todd and the guys have done. They've worked really hard to get here and I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I think we're going to get better and better from here.
"I hold Atlanta pretty close to my heart. I've got six wins there and two poles. It's one of those tracks that I know so well and racing there in the No. 96 is going to be great. I'd like to continue the momentum we've started and get this thing to Victory Lane before the off week next week."
Crew chief Todd Parrott on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway in the Kobalt Tools 500:
"Atlanta's one of those good old tracks with some history. After our top-five last week on an intermediate track, we're looking to further that success and get the Ask.com team to Victory Lane. Bobby is good in Atlanta and I think we're set up for a successful weekend with the No. 96 Ask.com Ford Fusion."