McMurray on racing in the Sprint Showdown at Charlotte: "This weekend's All-Star events give teams the opportunity to try some different settings as we look ahead to the Coca-Cola 600. Our Crown Royal team is aiming at racing our way into the ...
McMurray on racing in the Sprint Showdown at Charlotte:
"This weekend's All-Star events give teams the opportunity to try some different settings as we look ahead to the Coca-Cola 600. Our Crown Royal team is aiming at racing our way into the All-Star Race Saturday night, and either way, the All-Star weekend is always a pretty exciting time for all of us. Since the race isn't for points, it seems like the racing is even a little more aggressive than normal because there's nothing to lose. I'm looking forward to racing at Charlotte this week because it's always nice to have a chance to be home for two weeks and see family and friends."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing in the Sprint Showdown at Charlotte:
"We're looking at this weekend's activities as a bit of a test session and actually trying to learn a few things for the Coca-Cole 600 next weekend. We'll probably go with something a little different than we ran last year, but not too different since our car was pretty good last year. Racing this weekend will be a little more aggressive than normal just because you'll see a lot of teams go all out since it's not a points weekend. Our Crown Royal team may go in a little different direction to try a few different things and see what we think will work best for the 600 next weekend."
* Jamie McMurray returns to the track where he scored his first Sprint Cup Series win. McMurray's win came in only his second start at the Sprint Cup level while filling in for the injured Sterling Marlin
* With 139 laps led under his belt, Charlotte ranks as the track with the most led for McMurray
* McMurray's best Cup series starting and finishing position at Charlotte for the All-Star events is third which he accomplished in 2004
* McMurray has achieved one Top-5 and two Top-10 finishes in his six career Sprint Cup series starts in the All-Star events
* This weekend at Charlotte, McMurray will pilot the No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion
* Entering the All-Star break, McMurray is currently 24th in the Sprint Cup driver point standings