Biffle on the Sprint Showdown: "We were obviously planning to have a win by now so that we would not have to race our way into the All-Star race but that hasn't happed so we will do everything we can this weekend to make sure we race our way in.
Biffle on the Sprint Showdown: "We were obviously planning to have a win by now so that we would not have to race our way into the All-Star race but that hasn't happed so we will do everything we can this weekend to make sure we race our way in. This is the first year since my rookie year that I haven't been in the All-Star race and that's a little disappointing. We've been pretty close to getting a win over the last year but one thing or another just didn't go our way. We had a fast car last week at Dover at the end of the race but it was just too late. It would be cool to win the Showdown in the 3M Pit Bulls car and then take it to victory lane for the guys. I know they're pretty excited about that paint scheme and they should be."
Erwin on the Sprint Showdown: "It's obviously our goal to race our way into the All-Star race on Saturday night. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain so we may try some things that we have been working on both to hopefully gain an advantage in the Showdown and also to see if they will work for the Coke 600. I know we will all be very focused on Saturday to make sure that 3M Pit Bulls car gets into the All-Star race."
* Biffle is currently seventh in the point standings and 187 points out of the lead following his sixth-place finish in Dover.
* It has been seven years since Biffle had to try to race his way into the All-Star race. In 2003, he finished fifth in the Winston Open but has been in the All-Star race every year since.
* Biffle finished 10th in Texas with the car he is racing in the Showdown.
* Last week Biffle announced that he would donate a portion of his All-Star race earnings to Friends of the Animals if he gets voted into the race.
* The No. 16 3M Ford Fusion will have a different look for the Sprint Showdown. It will carry the 3M Pit Bulls logo on the hood and decklid and it will have a little more black that usual. The 3M Pit Bulls was the name chosen by the team from hundreds of entries in a 3M Car Care contest to name the pit crew.
* Biffle will be making an appearance at the Petco across from Concord Mills in Concord, N.C. on Saturday from 12:00 noon -- 1:00 p.m. to help promote local pet adoption.