Jaime Camara on the Indy Pro Series Grand Prix of St. Petersburg: "Looking ahead to the two races at the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg is exciting. We finished well at the Homestead-Miami Speedway and were oh so close to ...
Jaime Camara on the Indy Pro Series Grand Prix of St. Petersburg:
"Looking ahead to the two races at the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg is exciting. We finished well at the Homestead-Miami Speedway and were oh so close to winning. I hope to take that momentum into this weekend and come out with a couple of wins for the AFS and Andretti Green Racing teams. I want to take the oso*fresh car to victory lane this weekend and keep us in the chase for the championship."
Jaime Camara Facts
* A fifth place finish at the season opener at Homestead-Miami Speedway started Camara's hunt for the Indy Pro Series Championship.
* Camara will attempt to change his fortune at the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg after recording 12th and 15th place finishes at the 2006 event to remain in his chase for the Indy Pro Series championship.
* Camara recorded his third career win in the Indy Pro Series at Milwaukee (July 22) by taking the lead with just two laps remaining. His other two wins came in 2005 at Indianapolis (May 29) and Nashville (July 15).
* At Homestead-Miami Speedway in 2006, Camara started and finished the race second, his best for the event.
* He finished sixth in his second season with Andretti Green Racing in the Indy Pro Series after finishing fifth in his rookie season.
* In 2005, Camara captured the pole for three Indy Pro Series events, including Indianapolis (oval), Nashville and Milwaukee.
* Camara led 33 of 40 laps to earn his first Indy Pro Series victory at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (oval) in 2005.
Ray Gosselin, Race Engineer,
#11 oso*fresh Dallara/Firestone, on the Indy Pro Series Grand Prix of St. Petersburg:
"Well, we are very pleased with Jaime's performance in the oso*fresh car in Homestead. He did a great job coming from the back of the field and earning a fifth-place finish. Between the two weekends, we tested in Sebring and are very happy with how the test went. We hope to take some of the information from the test and incorporate it into this weekend. Now, we want to use his experience at the St. Petersburg course to gain some points in the championship."