FAST FACTS WHAT: Indy Pro Series: Sunbelt Rentals 100, seventh race in 12-race 2006 season. WHERE: Nashville Superspeedway, 1.33-mile concrete oval WHEN: Indy Pro Series: 5 p.m. (EDT), Saturday, July 15 DISTANCE: Indy Pro Series: 77...
Indy Pro Series: Sunbelt Rentals 100, seventh race in 12-race 2006 season.
Nashville Superspeedway, 1.33-mile concrete oval
Indy Pro Series: 5 p.m. (EDT), Saturday, July 15
Indy Pro Series: 77 laps/100 miles
Indy Pro Series: More than $275,000
Indy Pro Series: Dallara chassis; Firestone tires
PREVIOUS RACE WINNERS:
Indy Pro Series: Jaime Camara (2005), Thiago Medeiros (2004), Mark Taylor (2003), Cory Witherill (2002).
2005 SERIES CHAMPIONS:
Indy Pro Series: Wade Cunningham
Indy Pro Series: Race: ESPN2 (tape-delay), 2 p.m. (EDT), July 20
SCHEDULE (all times local; subject to change):
Friday, July 14
9:30-10 a.m. Indy Pro Series practice
Noon.-12:45 p.m. Indy Pro Series practice
2:45 p.m. Indy Pro Series SWE Race Car Parts Pole Qualifying
5:45-6:15 p.m. Final Indy Pro Series practice
Saturday, July 19
4 p.m. Sunbelt Rentals 100 (77 laps/100 miles) (ESPN2, 2 p.m. EDT, July 20; taped)
1.33-mile concrete oval
Frontstretch: 2,494 feet banked at 9 degrees
Backstretch: 2,203 feet banked at 6 degrees
Turns: 1,220 feet banked at 14 degrees
Width: 55 feet (minimum)
* Ground was broken on Nashville Superspeedway in August 1999, and the facility includes 3,000 acres of which 1,200 have been developed. The track, owned by Dover Downs Entertainment, Inc., is one of three concrete ovals in the United States, the others being Dover Downs and Bristol Motor Speedway. The facility has 50,000 seats (25,000 permanent, 25,000 temporary) and 24 luxury suites. Ken Schrader won an ARCA event on April 13, 2001, the first race at the new facility.
INDY PRO SERIES NOTES:
* Winner/pole setter records on the line: The Indy Pro Series records for most race winners and pole winners in a season could both be tied this weekend. Five drivers have won races this year and five have won poles. The record for both categories is six. Last year, six drivers won races while in 2003, six drivers won poles.
* Wilson a top-10 finisher: Bobby Wilson is the only driver to finish in the top 10 of every event so far in 2006. He's also the only driver to have been running at the finish of each race. Wilson leads all drivers with 237 laps completed.
* Three veterans in the group: Nick Bussell, Jaime Camara and Chris Festa will make their 21st consecutive starts in the Sunbelt Rentals 100.
* Five race winners in the field: Five winners of Indy Pro Series races are entered in the Sunbelt Rentals 100. Jaime Camara (1 win), James Chesson (1) Wade Cunningham (2), Alex Lloyd (1) and Bobby Wilson (1) will look to increase their series win totals.