Jaime Camara won the Milwaukee 100 Indy Pro series race at the Milwaukee Mile after passing Wade Cunningham on a late race restart. Cunningham led the first 98 laps of the 100 lap event but Camara was able to dive under the New Zealander and lead the last two laps.

Cunningham led the field to a restart bringing his fellow competitors slowly to the restart zone. That allowed Camara to move to the bottom in Turn four and drag race Cunningham down the front straight to take the lead.

Cunningham and Camara racing side by side kept Jonathan Klein, who had the fastest car of the trio, bottled up in third. Cunningham was able to hold on to finish second with Klein close behind in third.

All of the frontrunners ran comfortably without pressure for most of the race but with tires wearing towards the end, Cunningham, Camara and Klein were closing in the last 20 laps.

With six laps remaining Tom Wood spun exiting Turn two, causing the only caution period of the race. Wood's single car incident set up the two-lap dash to the finish.

"It was amazing," said Camara after earning his first victory this season. "We changed some things since the test at Nashville, and things started to come back like last year. We're starting to get better and better. The confidence on the team is building up again."

Without the caution period, the race may have had a different outcome as Camara and Klein were both closing on Cunningham, whose tires were starting to fade. "I was just saving the tires until the end of the race because I thought we could have a surprise on the restart, like we did," said Camara.

Cunningham acknowledged that he was losing time in Turn two. "We were just running our own race up front," he said. "A couple of times I lost it in Turn 2. That pushed the gap in to about two and half seconds. On the restart, I didn't get away very well. I held the lead down the frontstraight. By the time I got to Turn 1, I still had marbles under the front. I missed the corner pretty much, understeered out of Turn 1 and then really high in Turn 2. It allowed Jaime to get out from under me on the exit of Turn 2. After that, there wasn't much I could do with one lap to go. I tried pushing hard, but it wasn't enough. We don't have anything to blame. We just didn't win."

Jonathan Klein finished third for the third consecutive race and now sits third in the championship standings one point behind Bobby Wilson. "We set the car up to be solid at the end of the race," said Klein. "I was saving my tires and being very patient with throttle and steering. It paid off. We were catching them two, three, four tenths (of a second) a lap at the end of the race. If we didn't have that yellow, we could have finished second, or maybe even first. That's the way it goes. I'm still extremely happy to be third and come home with some good points."

Bobby Wilson was fourth with Nick Bussell rounding out the top five.