Vitor Meira, Driver: ABC Supply No. 14 Dallara/Honda/Firestone * Vitor Meira on Infineon Raceway: "I think Sonoma is a very rhythm-based track; it has a lot of rises and crests. It's a race track where you have to be good overall -- there are...
Vitor Meira, Driver: ABC Supply No. 14 Dallara/Honda/Firestone
* Vitor Meira on Infineon Raceway: "I think Sonoma is a very rhythm-based track; it has a lot of rises and crests. It's a race track where you have to be good overall -- there are some very slow corners and some very fast corners, flat corners and uphill and downhill corners, it's a technical race track but you have to be good overall. You have to have a little bit of compromise, compromise in some areas to be good in other areas--the car will need a little bit of everything."
* A.J. Foyt on the Firestone Twin 275s to be run same night -- June 11, 2011-- at Texas Motor Speedway: "I think it's great anytime we can race in Texas, especially at Texas Motor Speedway. Twin races will be very interesting for the fans and very interesting for the drivers--even more interesting if they inverted the finish of the first race [to set the starting grid for the second]. It's good for the drivers because if your car isn't working that great in the first race, you can make some changes to it. I'm not surprised that it's happening at Texas first. Eddie Gossage and Bruton Smith are always doing things to keep their race interesting for the fans."
* Meira on testing at Infineon Raceway on Aug 13th: "The test was good but we struggled for speed--but we were able to test a lot of things. We got good direction on where to go and what to do. It doesn't sound good but we know a lot about what not to do. And knowing what we can't do, it nails down a lot on what we should do. There were things that we learned that we will be able to do to the car for when we return this weekend."
* Meira on his top-10 finishes at Infineon: "Sonoma was always a fuel strategy race, fuel is very tight and I think we could always get an advantage on that. And we were always reasonably fast during the race and even while saving fuel, we could still be fast. We always played smart and well there." Meira has one top-five finish (3rd in 2006), and three top-10 finishes (9th in 2005, 9th in 2007 and 7th in 2008).
* Past performance for Foyt Racing at Infineon: Last year, Ryan Hunter-Reay, subbing for Meira, qualified 19th and finished 16th after getting tagged by Oriol Servia while running 11th and having to pit to replace the nose assembly. The best finish for Foyt Racing came in the inaugural run when Jeff Bucknum finished 10th in 2005.