Darren Manning: No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Honda * Darren Manning on momentum going into Nashville: "Finishing second last week certainly gives our team momentum going into Nashville. But coming back to tracks that we raced on last year...
Darren Manning: No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Honda
* Darren Manning on momentum going into Nashville: "Finishing second last week certainly gives our team momentum going into Nashville. But coming back to tracks that we raced on last year where we had good cars in the race-like at Nashville-gives us a lot of confidence too. We have a great starting point for this track. We're always learning though--we learned things at Watkins Glen that might relate to Nashville. It bodes well for the future but we want it to happen faster. We're getting better on the ovals but we haven't had the results to prove it yet."
* Manning on racing at Nashville: "Nashville is a tough track to get handling on so knowledge of the track is invaluable. I think that will work to our advantage this weekend. We have to be aware of the guys who are struggling and steer clear of them. Like at Richmond, some of these guys don't think about getting to the last pitstop and racing hard from there, consequently, they never make it to the last pitstop. That way of racing is completely alien to me. You need to have patience."
* Watkins Glen performance: Darren Manning posted a career-best performance when he finished second in the Camping World Grand Prix at the Glen after starting eighth. It was also the best performance for the ABC Supply team on the Glen's 3.3-mile circuit. "This strong finish doesn't surprise me because we've proved it to ourselves every now and then but it's nice to validate it on a weekend like this to everyone else," said Manning. A.J. Foyt said, "I think Darren drove one of his best races since he started driving for me last year. He and my team did a great job. I'm proud of all of them."
* Mecklenburg Roofing Co. of Ft. Mill, S.C. is this weekend's winner of the ABC Supply Your Name Here Promotion for its customers. The company name will be put on the top of the sidepods of the No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Honda. Myron Ray and a guest will receive selected merchandise, race tickets, hospitality and garage passes, plus a Meet and Greet with A.J. Foyt and Darren Manning. The "Your Name Here" promotion selected winners by random drawing from a pool of entries sent in by ABC Supply customers earlier this year.
* Past performances at Nashville: The Foyt team's best finish at Nashville to date is the ninth place finish Darren Manning garnered last year. Their best start is 10th with Donnie Beechler in 2001. The Foyt team had a particularly rough year in 2002 when all three of its cars-driven by Airton Dare, Greg Ray and Eliseo Salazar-were eliminated due to accidents.
Darren Manning finished fourth at Nashville in 2004 and was eliminated in 2005 in an accident with Tony Kanaan who was trying to put a lap on Manning. Manning placed 20th after starting ninth.
* The No. 14 ABC Supply car will carry an in-car camera during the Firestone Indy 200, which will be shown live at 8:00 p.m. eastern time Saturday evening, July 12th on ESPN.