Driver: Danica Patrick Car: ...
Driver: Danica Patrick Car: #7 Boost Mobile/Motorola
Danica Patrick Facts:
- Patrick is currently fifth in the championship point standings.
- Patrick has five top-five finishes and eight top-10 finishes thus far in the 2009 season.
- Patrick finished third at the 2009 Indianapolis 500, her highest career finish in that event.
- Patrick won her first IndyCar Series race in 2008 at the Indy Japan 300.
- Patrick had three top-five and nine top 10 finishes in 2008 and finished sixth in the final IndyCar Series point standings.
Danica Patrick on the Honda Indy 200: "I started on the front row in Mid-Ohio last year and I feel that I have bettered my road course skills since then. The team had a successful test there a few weeks ago, so I feel really good about going into Mid-Ohio this weekend. Hopefully we are strong all weekend and can gain as many championship points as possible."
Driver: Tony Kanaan
Car: #11 Team 7-Eleven Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Tony Kanaan Facts:
- Kanaan is coming off a third-place finish last weekend at the Meijer Indy 300 at Kentucky Speedway.
- Kanaan is currently eighth in the championship point standings, just five points out of sixth.
- Kanaan has three podium and four top-five finishes in 2009.
- Finished third in the 2008 IndyCar Series championship.
- Has led over 2,600 laps throughout his IndyCar Series career and won the 2004 IndyCar Series championship.
Tony Kanaan on the Honda Indy 200: "We had a decent test at Mid-Ohio a few weeks ago, and I think that we will find it really helpful this weekend. We are coming off a great result in Kentucky, so we are definitely going to use it as momentum heading into this weekend's event."
Driver: Marco Andretti
Car: #26 Meijer Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Marco Andretti Facts:
- Andretti is currently sixth in the IndyCar Series championship standings.
- Andretti has nine top-10 finishes thus far this season.
- Won his first career pole position when he claimed the pole at Milwaukee (2008), the same place where his father (Michael) recorded his first pole position.
- Andretti finished the 2008 IndyCar Series season seventh in point standings with 363 points.
Marco Andretti on the Honda Indy 200: "I really enjoy racing at Mid-Ohio. We had a decent test there a couple weeks back and I think it gave us a good direction as far as set up for the race weekend. I'm looking forward to getting into town and getting back to work. Hopefully it will be a rewarding weekend for the Meijer boys."
Driver: Hideki Mutoh Car: 27 Formula Dream Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Hideki Mutoh Facts:
- Mutoh has five top-10 finishes so far this season.
- Mutoh is currently 11th in the championship point standings.
- Mutoh posted a 10th place finish in the 2009 Indianapolis 500, which was his second top 10 at the Indy 500 in two career starts.
- Mutoh captured the 2008 Bombardier Learjet Rookie of the Year award by finishing 10th in the IndyCar Series championship.
Hideki Mutoh on the Honda Indy 200: "It is always nice change to race on a road course after an oval track race. I was able to finish in top 10 last year at Mid-Ohio but I hope I get to finish at least in the top five this year. I truly would like to win a race or more before I go to Japan so I hope to have a good weekend at Mid-Ohio."