Vitor Meira: No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Honda/Firestone * Vitor Meira's Expectations for Long Beach: "I expect to bounce back from our weekend in Alabama and gain some points. Long Beach is similar to Barber in that it's hard to pass on ...
Vitor Meira: No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Honda/Firestone
* Vitor Meira's Expectations for Long Beach: "I expect to bounce back from our weekend in Alabama and gain some points. Long Beach is similar to Barber in that it's hard to pass on the track because it's so narrow so qualifying is again very important."
* Meira's Reflections after the Barber Motorsports Park race: "The weakness right now, which is my weakness and the team's weakness because we're in it together, is qualifying. Once we qualify better, I think it's going to make the whole weekend easier. We'll start up front and it won't be necessary to risk on strategy, everything else will be better and it will all fall into place. We've been risking on strategy not because we want to, but because we felt we needed to in order to get a better result and it didn't work out for us."
* Meira on back-to-back races: "It's definitely tougher. Monday I was feeling a tired, not sore, just overall tired. It happens after most of the weekends but this week you don't have a lot of time to recuperate. Wednesday night I will be traveling already to Long Beach. I'm sure it's tough on the crew too. Because they have to turn the car around and prepare it in a day. But if I have to take one good thing out of it, it's this: after a bad weekend, you don't have to think about it for two weeks! You can bounce back the very next week. That's my positive thinking here!"
* Last year at Long Beach: Meira qualified 20th, ran as high as 11th and was credited with 14th. He slid into a tire barrier on the final lap which capped a disappointing weekend in his first ever visit to the street circuit.
* Following this year's Toyota Grand Prix, Meira and 10 other race drivers will be visiting the folks at Honda Performance Development in Santa Clarita and American Honda in Torrance. The day includes autograph sessions at both places plus lunch with senior executives. During the season, the drivers make several appearances for Honda, the official engine supplier to the IZOD IndyCar Series.
* The Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach will be televised live April 18th, Sunday afternoon starting at 3:30pm Eastern time on Versus (VS).