Darren Manning: No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Honda
* Darren Manning on racing at the Glen: "It's great to get back to a road course. Hopefully we can improve on what we did at St. Petersburg and the Mid-Ohio test. We have a good baseline set-up so that will speed up the fine-tuning we have to do for the Glen...I'm looking forward to racing there. I did the suitability test with Helio Castroneves to see what was needed for the Indy cars to run there and then I did the two-day open test but I never raced there. It's a fast course. It's rare to find a modern day road course with such fast corners. It gives us a fresh challenge. We're going back to the old days. With the increase in speed of the race cars, now most tracks make the corners slower to make the tracks safer for the drivers. But the Glen kept the fast corners and improved the safety of the track."
* Manning on wet weather as a factor at the Glen: "Well, we practice and race in the rain so we won't lose practice time because of the weather. Growing up in England, I probably raced more in the rain than I did anything else so I wouldn't mind if it did rain."
* Wet weather still a factor for Foyt: The wet weather in central Texas has been a big factor for A.J. Foyt recently. Foyt owns a lake house on Lake Travis which has reached flood stage due to all the rain. Foyt and his son Tony had to empty the 8,500 square foot house of its furniture as the first level flooded last week. They returned earlier this week to empty out the second level where the main living quarters are. It is about three feet from flooding with more rain predicted.
* Past performances at the Glen: The Foyt team's best finish at Watkins Glen is fifth with Felipe Giaffone in 2006. In the inaugural event in 2005, Jeff Bucknum drove to an 11th place finish after starting 19th. Manning has never raced at the Glen.
* A.J. Foyt will be traveling early Thursday morning to Daytona International Speedway to participate in the track's festivities honoring all living Daytona 500 champions. Once the activities conclude, Foyt will then board his jet for the IndyCar race in upstate New York.
* All Star Insulation & Siding Co. Inc. of East Hampton, MA is this weekend's winner of the ABC Supply Your Name Here Promotion for its customers. The company name will be put on the top of the sidepods of the No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Honda. Edwin Losacano will receive selected merchandise, race tickets, hospitality and garage passes, plus a Meet and Greet with A.J. Foyt and Darren Manning. The "Your Name Here" promotion selected winners by random drawing from a pool of entries sent in by ABC Supply customers earlier this year.
* The Watkins Glen Grand Prix will be shown live at 3:30 p.m. eastern time Sunday afternoon, July 8 on ABC-TV.