* Coming up this Weekend--Target Chip Ganassi Racing heads to the 1.5 mile asphalt oval at Texas Motor Speedway in Dallas / Fort Worth, Texas this weekend for the Chevy 500 K (200 laps / 300 miles). It is the final race of the 16- race 2004 IRL ...
* Coming up this Weekend--Target Chip Ganassi Racing heads to the 1.5 mile asphalt oval at Texas Motor Speedway in Dallas / Fort Worth, Texas this weekend for the Chevy 500 K (200 laps / 300 miles). It is the final race of the 16- race 2004 IRL IndyCar series season. It marks the league's 15th race at TMS. The IRL has raced at TMS more than any other track in league history.
* Previous Texas Race-- In the night race at TMS this past June, Scott Dixon saw his race finish prematurely after contact with Adrian Fernandez in the pits which broke his front suspension. Dixon was credited with a 14th place finish. Darren Manning and Buddy Rice made contact at the entrance to Turn 3 on lap 178 of 200 and finished 8th.
* A Look Back at 2003-- Scott Dixon parlayed a runner-up finish to his first IRL championship. Five drivers were in the hunt for the title with Dixon and Helio Castroneves tied for the top spot going into the final event.
* Darren Manning Medical Update-- Darren Manning, driver of the no.10 Target Toyota Panoz G Force, will not compete in this weekend's race. Manning underwent a follow up medical examination of his back with Dr. Terry Trammell on Monday, October 11th, for an injury sustained at the California Speedway on Saturday, October 2nd. The injury, a minor compression fracture of the sixth and seventh thorasic vertebrae, was sustained during his qualifying attempt for the Toyota Indy 400 Fontana race. The incident occurred between turn 1 and 2, and Manning was sidelined for the race with a slight concussion and a severe contusion in the middle of his back. It is Dr. Trammell's medical assessment that while the injury is not considered serious and is healing quickly, his recommendation is, that in order to guarantee a fast and complete recovery, Manning must avoid any chance of a high speed rear impact for a period of two more weeks. The no.10 Target Toyota has been withdrawn from competition and will not run in this weekend's Chevy 500K Indy at TMS.
* Now Appearing at TMS-- Scott Dixon will take part in the "Past Champions Press Conference" at TMS's Speedway Club restaurant on Thursday, October 14th at 1 pm.
* Now Appearing in Dallas-- Scott Dixon will make a special guest appearance for Tag Heuer at deBoulle Jewelers located at 6821 Preston Road in Dallas from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm on Friday, October 15th for the "Drive-Time Event" in honor of the Speedway Children's Charities. The event will feature an in-store driving simulator, the TAG-Heuer Indy Show Car and an autograph session with Dixon. Scott Dixon's autograph will be engraved into a TAG Heuer watch which will be the center piece of a Speedway racing prize package to be raffled off at the event. All proceeds from the raffle will benefit the Speedway Children's Charities.
* In the Driver's Pocket-- Scott Dixon will be carrying a little extra metal with him on board the no.01 Target car this weekend as part of a fundraiser for the Sam Schmidt Paralysis Foundation. Dixon will be one of several IndyCar drivers that will be carrying an American Eagle silver dollar in the pocket of their racing suits during this weekend's race at TMS, then donate the coins to the SSPF after the race. Eventually these "raced" coins will be melted and used to make a thin silver veneer on die cast cars with profits from sales going to the the SSPF. Each coin weighs one ounce or 31 grams and is 40.6 mm in diameter. (1 1/2 inches)
* Scott Dixon Highlights-- Scott Dixon had a season high 2nd place finish at Phoenix International Raceway and has had nine top-10 finishes this year.
* Darren Manning Highights -- In this his first IndyCar Series season, Darren Manning has finished a career high fourth place on three occasion (Japan, Nashville and Pikes Peak) and has crossed the finish line in the top-5 four times, and has eight top-tens. Manning qualified fourth, a season best, at California.
* Driver Points--This is the final race of the 2004 IndyCar season with Tony Kanaan having already clinched the title in Fontana with 578 points. Scott Dixon is in tenth place with 327. Manning is in eleventh spot with 323 points.
* Catch It LIVE-- Target fans can tune in to watch the Chevy 500 K race on ABC at 12:30 pm (EDT) Sunday, October 17th or they can listen in on the IMS Radio Network.
* Looking Ahead to 2005- Both Scott Dixon and Darren Manning will be returning for the IRL IndyCar series 2005 season with Target Chip Ganassi Racing. The team recently announced that it has exercised its option to extend Darren Manning's driver agreement into the future. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed. Scott Dixon signed a contact extension with the team this past May, just prior to the Indianapolis 500.
#1 Scott Dixon- Toyota / Panoz G-Force /Firestone
"I expect the no.1 Target car to be a lot more competitive this weekend in Texas since Toyota came up with an update engine in Fontana last weekend. It'll be flat out racing and the key will be staying with the lead pack. It would be nice to end this season on a high note and win help take away the sting of a difficult year. The Texas race has always been exciting, but with the championship wrapped up, it could be even more so as there will likely be no holds barred racing for the win and that should be fun for drivers and fans alike."