Marco Andretti on the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg: "I've never been hungrier to get back to the race track, especially after the misfortune at Homestead. I've got a lot of confidence heading into the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg ...
Marco Andretti on the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg:
"I've never been hungrier to get back to the race track, especially after the misfortune at Homestead. I've got a lot of confidence heading into the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg because I think the NYSE car has an awesome shot of getting a win. I love the track and the city of St. Petersburg. Andretti Green Promotions does a great job putting together one of the very best events in all of motorsports."
Marco Andretti Facts
* This will be Andretti's second start at the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg in an IndyCar Series race. He finished 15th in the 2006 event after a broken driveshaft ended his day.
* In 2005, Andretti made his Indy Pro Series debut at St. Petersburg. He started on the pole, led 22 laps and drove to his first of three Indy Pro Series victories.
* Andretti became the youngest driver (19 years, five months, 14 days) to win a major open-wheel race when he took the checkered flag at Infineon Raceway on August 27, 2006.
* This will be the 975th major open-wheel racing start in Andretti family history. Marco is following in the open-wheel racing footsteps of his father, grandfather, his uncle Jeff and second-cousin John.
* He finished seventh in the 2006 IndyCar Series driver championship and collected the IndyCar Series Bombardier Rookie of the Year award.
* Andretti finished second at the 2006 Indianapolis 500 in what was the second-closest finish in the history of the event. He joined both his father and grandfather in earning the Indianapolis 500 Rookie of the Year honor.
* He made six starts in the Indy Pro Series in 2005, collecting three victories (St. Petersburg, Indianapolis road course and Infineon Raceway), five top fives and three pole positions.
Eddie Jones, Race Engineer, #26 NYSE Dallara/Honda/Firestone, on the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg:
"I think the NYSE team emerged very strong on the road courses coming out of 2006. Based on those results, I certainly expect to carry that sort of performance into this weekend at the Honda Grand Prix."