Danica Patrick on the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg: "The Honda Grand Prix is a great event and is a challenging race. It's a tough course and you have to be quick, but you also have to have really good strategy. You always...
Danica Patrick on the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg:
"The Honda Grand Prix is a great event and is a challenging race. It's a tough course and you have to be quick, but you also have to have really good strategy. You always end up with part of the field on one pit strategy and part of the field on another, and whoever gets it right can end up in a position to challenge at the end. Hopefully, we can get the Motorola car to work well for Sunday and make all the right calls."
Danica Patrick Facts
* Patrick retired early from the season-opener at Homestead-Miami Speedway after making slight contact with inside retaining wall leading into the final pit stop of the race causing damage to the left-front suspension.
* At the 2006 Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, Patrick earned her career best finish on a road course by capturing sixth place.
* Patrick recorded eight top-10 finishes in 2006 including back-to-back fourth-place finishes at Nashville Superspeedway (July 15) and The Milwaukee Mile (July 23), placing her ninth in the final standings.
* In 2005, she won the Bombardier Learjet Rookie of the Year award after finishing 12th in the final standings, recording two top-five and seven top-10 finishes with a season best finish of fourth at Motegi and Indianapolis.
* She started and finished fourth in the 2005 Indianapolis 500 earning her the Chase Rookie of the Year award and became the first woman to lead the Indianapolis 500.
* Patrick is one of only 18 drivers in IndyCar Series history to earn three pole positions, those coming at Kansas Speedway, Kentucky Speedway and Chicagoland Speedway in her rookie season.
Kim Green, Race Strategist, #7 Motorola Dallara/Honda/Firestone, on the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg:
"I'm really excited about this weekend. We've got all of our race teams involved in this event and, on top of it, it's our event to promote. Just like last week opened up the oval chapter with Danica, this weekend is our first attempt at a street circuit together. I know she is excited about it and she's got some good teammates to work with. I'm looking forward to it and hoping for a great day on Sunday."