Kelley Racing Fast Facts
* This is the sixth season of IRL competition for Kelley Racing.
* Kelley Racing drivers have made 141 starts, scored nine victories and eight poles in IRL career competition.
Al Unser Jr. , No. 31 Corteco/Dallara/Toyota/Firestone--Fast Facts and Quote
* This will be Unser Jr.'s 319th career start and his 46th IRL start.
* Unser Jr. is currently sixth in the IndyCar Series points standings with 249 points.
* St. Louis Record--In 2002 Unser Jr. started 15th and finished seventh. In 2001, Unser Jr. started eighth and won the race after leading 75 laps. Unser Jr. competed in three previous events at Gateway as a Champ Car competitor in 1997, '98 and '99. His best finish as a Champ Car driver was 12th in 1999.
* His victory on June 7 at Texas Motor Speedway was his third IndyCar Series victory and his 34th career victory.
* Unser Jr. has won two Indianapolis 500's (1992, 1994) and two open-wheel championships (1990, 1994).
Quote on the Emerson Indy 250
"I'm really looking forward to getting back to Gateway International Raceway this coming weekend. Gateway is very unique in the aspect that it is the most physically demanding track that the IndyCar Series races on during our season. The reason that Gateway is so demanding is because of its configuration and the drivers having to downshift. It makes for a very challenging race. When I won the race in 2001 the car was working really well and the strategy and fuel economy both went our way, which are all key factors in being successful at Gateway. I feel with the competition the way it has been in the IndyCar Series, it will be the most competitive field we've ever seen at Gateway. Qualifying is going to be important because it's difficult to pass. We've done well in the past here and I'm sure we can do well again. The Corteco crew has been working so well together so I'm looking forward to a really good weekend."
Scott Sharp , No. 8 Delphi/Dallara/Toyota/Firestone---Fast Facts and Quote
* This will be Sharp's 77th career start and his sixth season with Kelley Racing.
* St. Louis Record--In 2002, he started 10th and finished 18th. In 2001, Sharp started third and finished eighth.
* Sharp is currently in eighth place in the IndyCar Series with 225 points.
* Sharp's victory in April at Twin Ring Motegi, Japan was his eighth career victory.
Quote on the Emerson Indy 250
"Gateway International Raceway is a very unique track. The entire key to running well at Gateway boils down to Turn 1 and 2. Most of the time our cars run close to wide open through 3 and 4, so it's basically a drag race from the exit of Turn 2 back to the entrance of Turn 1. I enjoy Gateway because you have to be pretty aggressive with the car in Turn 1. The driver can play a larger role than at some of our other tracks and it really makes it a challenging and exciting race to drive. I'm looking forward to this weekend, and I'm hoping the Delphi team will keep its momentum and we'll have a successful race."