Bryan Herta on the SunTrust Indy Challenge Presented by XM Satellite Radio: "I really enjoy the Richmond track. It's a very important stop for us with XM Satellite Radio based nearby. We're back on one of the handling tracks where the balance of...
Bryan Herta on the SunTrust Indy Challenge Presented by XM Satellite Radio:
"I really enjoy the Richmond track. It's a very important stop for us with XM Satellite Radio based nearby. We're back on one of the handling tracks where the balance of the car becomes our primary focus and speed results from that. The lap at Richmond is so short and so busy and you're always in traffic, so you need to have a car that you're confident and comfortable with in all the hairy situations we'll encounter. I'm looking forward to having a strong weekend in the XM Satellite Radio car."
Bryan Herta Facts
* This will be Herta's fourth start at Richmond. His best finish was a fourth-place effort in 2004.
* He has never started outside the top eight at Richmond. His best start was sixth in 2005.
* He is currently tied for ninth place in the IndyCar Series driver championship, nine points out of seventh place.
* Herta tallied a fourth-place result at the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, his best 2006 finish.
* Herta garnered the first IndyCar Series win for XM Satellite Radio and the second of his IndyCar Series career at Michigan in 2005.
* Herta led 159 of 200 laps at Michigan in 2005, the most laps led by any driver in one race during 2005.
* Herta is one of only 22 drivers to win two or more races in IndyCar Series history.
* Herta was the only driver in 2005 to claim pole positions on a road course (St. Petersburg), a short oval (Phoenix) and a superspeedway (Michigan).
* Herta has four career major open-wheel racing wins and 10 poles.
* Herta's first IndyCar Series victory came at Kansas Speedway in 2003.
George Klotz, Team Manager,
#7 XM Satellite Radio Dallara/Honda/Firestone on the SunTrust Indy Challenge:
"Richmond is such a tricky place. You've got to have a good car that handles well. It's a great event for us because of the proximity to XM Satellite Radio in addition to the excitement of racing at night. It's important for us to have a good car as soon as we roll off the truck and continue to improve it throughout the weekend. We're still in the championship hunt, but we've got to turn it around and get out of the rut we're in."