Target Ready to Tackle Pikes Peak * Target Chip Ganassi Racing heads to the 1 mile asphalt oval at Pikes Peak International Raceway in Colorado Springs, Colorado this weekend for the Honda Indy 225 (225 laps) * It is the twelfth race of...
Target Ready to Tackle Pikes Peak
* Target Chip Ganassi Racing heads to the 1 mile asphalt oval at Pikes Peak International Raceway in Colorado Springs, Colorado this weekend for the Honda Indy 225 (225 laps)
* It is the twelfth race of the 16- race 2004 IRL IndyCar series season and the second of three consecutive race weekends. The Pikes Peak race weekend is a two day event.
* Scott Dixon is currently 10th in the driver standings with 243 points, while teammate Darren Manning holds the 11th place spot with 236 points in the 2003 IndyCar driver's championship.
* In 2003 at Pikes Peak, Scott Dixon qualified 6th and finished 1st, for his third career IndyCar win.
* Target fans can watch the race on ABC at 3:30 pm (EDT) Sunday, August 22nd or they can listen in on the IMS Radio Network.
#1 Scott Dixon- Toyota / Panoz G-Force /Firestone
"Pikes Peak is a fun track and I would certainly love to defend last year's win. It's the kind of track where anyone can win from any position on the starting grid and where you have to drive it just a bit more and have to play with the handling of your racecar. It's getting late in the game and the Target team would really love to put a sting of successful races together starting with this weekend."
#10 Darren Manning- Toyota / Panoz G-Force /Firestone
"I'm looking forward to the Pikes Peak race as the Target team seems to perform better on the shorter ovals. Handling will be a bit more important and that tends to be the strength of our G-Force chassis. I'm looking for nothing less than a top five finish."