Castroneves, Hornish Give Toyota Front Row Sweep At Nazareth - Marlboro Team Penske teammates Helio Castroneves and Sam Hornish Jr. (both Marlboro Toyotas) qualified one-two to give Toyota a front row sweep in qualifying for Sunday's Firestone...
Castroneves, Hornish Give Toyota Front Row Sweep At Nazareth
- Marlboro Team Penske teammates Helio Castroneves and Sam Hornish Jr. (both Marlboro Toyotas) qualified one-two to give Toyota a front row sweep in qualifying for Sunday's Firestone Indy 225 at the Nazareth Speedway. Target Chip Ganassi Racing's Darren Manning was fifth to give Toyota three of the top-five qualifiers.
- Today's qualifying effort marks the fourth consecutive race Toyota has been on the pole here while competing at Nazareth. The manufacturer also was on the pole at Nazareth in 2000 (Juan Montoya), 2001 (Bruno Junqueira) and 2003 (Scott Dixon) with Target Chip Ganassi Racing. Toyota didn't compete at Nazareth in 2002. The pole is Toyota's second of the season and its 13th pole in 29 IndyCar Series races.
- Helio Castroneves' pole position is his second of the season and the sixth of his IndyCar Series career five of those coming with Toyota power. Marlboro Team Penske has now won the pole at two of the three IndyCar Series races run here at Nazareth with Gil de Ferran winning the pole in 2002. Castroneves is the defending champion here at Nazareth.
- Sam Hornish Jr.'s second marks his best qualifying performance of the season. He's qualified in the top four in six of the last seven races where qualifying has taken place. Hornish finished a close second at Nazareth a year ago to current teammate Helio Castroneves.
- Darren Manning (Target Toyota) registered his best career IndyCar Series qualifying effort with a fifth. He'd previously qualified sixth twice. Tomorrow's Firestone Indy 225 will mark his seventh top-10 start of the season.
- Scott Sharp (Delphi Toyota) qualified for his 95th IndyCar Series race and his 86th consecutive event both IndyCar Series records.