Target Chip Ganassi Racing Ready to Go Flat Out at Milwaukee Mile * Target Chip Ganassi Racing gets set to take on the flat 1.5 mile asphalt Milwaukee Mile for the inaugural Menards A.J. Foyt Indy 225 this weekend (225 laps/miles) *...
Target Chip Ganassi Racing Ready to Go Flat Out at Milwaukee Mile
* Target Chip Ganassi Racing gets set to take on the flat 1.5 mile asphalt Milwaukee Mile for the inaugural Menards A.J. Foyt Indy 225 this weekend (225 laps/miles)
* It is the ninth race of the 16- race 2004 IndyCar series season
* Just one point now separate Target teammates Scott Dixon (188) and Darren Manning (187) in sixth and seventh place respectively in the hunt to defend the team's 2003 IndyCar championship.
* Darren Manning took part in the PGA Greater Milwaukee Open Pro-Am Golf tournament at Brown Deer Park Golf Course on Monday, July 19th and finished 3rd.
* Scott Dixon celebrates his 24th birthday on Thursday, July 22nd
* Target fans can watch the race on ABC at 3:30 pm (EDT) Sunday, July 25th or they can listen in on the IMS Radio Network.
#1 Scott Dixon- Toyota / Panoz G-Force /Firestone
"Milwaukee is a fun little track that you really have to drive. I've run four races on that track in recent years and they've all been somewhat memorable. I won the 2000 Indy Lights race from the pole in Milwaukee and that's also the first race I ever ran for Target Chip Ganassi Racing. This is the first time the IndyCars will be running there but a lot of the drivers are familiar with the track. It's a very flat track but I think that it will suit our Target Toyota/ Panoz G Force quite well as it is mostly about handling. It'll be very important to qualify well this weekend because there is really only one line and it isn't easy to pass on this track. You can't go two or three wide there, and if you do, it won't be for long. As heated as the competition out there has been lately, that probably means it'll be another very interesting race for the fans in the stands and on TV."