Jeff Bucknum: ABC Supply No. 14 Dallara/Honda/Firestone * Welcome back A.J.! A.J. Foyt returns to action in Milwaukee to oversee his team's efforts in the ABC Supply/A.J. Foyt 225. Foyt is still recovering from his June 26th total knee ...
Jeff Bucknum: ABC Supply No. 14 Dallara/Honda/Firestone
* Welcome back A.J.! A.J. Foyt returns to action in Milwaukee to oversee his team's efforts in the ABC Supply/A.J. Foyt 225. Foyt is still recovering from his June 26th total knee replacement on his left leg. Foyt, who has missed only four of the 129 IRL IndyCar events run to date, missed the last two races. It's been a tough situation for the team which saw the No. 14 parked due to handling issues at both the Kansas and Nashville ovals.
* Jeff Bucknum takes on the challenge of the short oval: Rookie Jeff Bucknum will make his first start ever at the Milwaukee Mile and only his fifth ever start on an oval. Bucknum has competed in a total of six IndyCar races since he made his debut last year.
* Engineer Bruce Ashmore will be serving double duty this weekend working on both the No. 14 Indy car and at his regular job as development engineer for C & R Racing which is a supplier of the new pavement USAC Silver Crown cars. Indy car engineer Len Paskus, who's worked with Bucknum on the ovals in the past, has also been retained by Foyt to work with him and Ashmore this weekend.
* ABC Supply will be featured on the black No. 14 Greer Special USAC Silver Crown car driven by 23-year-old Josh Wise this weekend. Wise, the defending USAC National Midget Series champion who is currently second in the USAC Sprint Car division standings, is still looking for his first triumph in the No. 14 ABC Supply/Greer Silver Crown car. Wise, who was born in Janesville, Wis. but grew up in California, drives for Tony Stewart Racing Enterprises in the USAC midget, sprint and dirt silver crown divisions. Ashmore will serve as his race strategist in the USAC Silver Crown 100 race Sunday morning.
* ABC Supply Company founder and CEO Ken Hendricks will wave the green flag after A.J. Foyt gives the command to start the engines for the ABC Supply/A.J. Foyt 225. Foyt has 45 Indy car starts at the Milwaukee Mile as a driver which is the most for him at any one track in Indy cars. He won four times. Foyt also ran USAC stock cars at the Mile and posted six triumphs there.
* ABC Supply will entertain over 1700 guests this Sunday as the wholesale distributor of roofing, siding and windows leverages its Milwaukee race sponsorship in the IRL IndyCar Series. The weekend kicks off Thursday evening with the annual ABC Supply Co. picnic at the headquarters in Beloit, Wis., 75 miles southwest of Milwaukee. Both Foyt and Bucknum will be on hand to sign autographs for the employees.
* ABC Supply customer Jerry Thull has won the 'Your Name Here' contest for the ABC Supply/AJ Foyt 225 this weekend. His company JT Roofing, located in Milwaukee, will have its name on the top of the sidepods of the No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Honda. Thull will receive selected merchandise, race tickets, hospitality and garage passes, plus a Meet and Greet with A.J. Foyt and Jeff Bucknum. The "Your Name Here" promotion selected winners by random drawing from a pool of entries sent in by ABC Supply customers earlier this year.
* The ABC Supply/AJ Foyt 225 will be shown live at 1:30 p.m. eastern time Sunday, July 23 on ESPN-TV.