Darren Manning: No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Honda
* Darren Manning on racing at Michigan: "I quite like racing at Michigan, it's very fast. We've been talking about our race strategy this week, trying to figure out what to do in every situation, i.e. running single file or running in the draft, pit stops, etc. When you run in the draft, you don't use as much fuel so you take on less fuel during the pit stop which means a quicker stop. We may run mid-pack to stay in the draft and then go for it at the end. We'll just have to see how the race plays out."
* Manning on his last race at MIS: "We were having a good race, running from sixth to third for the last half of the race. Then with two laps to go, Dixon and I were lapping someone [Tomas Scheckter] in turn four and Dixon pushed up into me which damaged my front wing and that shredded my front tire. I nearly crashed going into one and then I limped around to pit lane which is where I finished. The next day after that race, we did over 600 miles of testing for Firestone which was pretty boring but I have plenty of miles there."
In 2004, driving for Chip Ganassi, Manning started 12th and was credited with 13th. He led four laps (128 -- 131) and also posted the fastest lap of the race: lap 117 at 216.578 mph.
* MacDermott Roofing, Inc. in Detroit is this weekend's winner of the ABC Supply Your Name Here Promotion for its customers. The company name will be put on the top of the sidepods of the No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Honda. Dave MacDermott will receive selected merchandise, race tickets, hospitality and garage passes, plus a Meet and Greet with A.J. Foyt and Darren Manning. The "Your Name Here" promotion selected winners by random drawing from a pool of entries sent in by ABC Supply customers earlier this year.
* Team manager Craig Baranouski grew up in nearby Quincy, Mich. Baranouski, 46, joined Foyt's team after the end of the 1986 season and is second only to General Manager Jack Starne in terms of consecutive years of service (Starne has been with Foyt since 1967). Baranouski began his Indy car career in 1982 with the late Scott Brayton, with whom he worked for four years before working on Pat Patrick's race team for a season. As a kid, Baranouski watched races at nearby Butler Motor Speedway in Quincy and later worked on several race teams competing there.
* Mid-Ohio performance: Manning started eighth and finished sixth in the ICS's inaugural running at Mid-Ohio. It was the fourth time in the last five races that Manning has posted a top-10 finish. In 12 starts, he has been running at the finish 10 times. He is currently 13th in the standings, 15 points out of the top-10.
* Past Performances on ovals in 2007: Manning's best start on an oval this year is 11th which is where he qualified at Kansas and Texas. His best finish is his fifth place showing at Iowa; it is also his best finish of the season to date.
* Past performances for Foyt at Michigan: Foyt's team competed in all of the IndyCar races at MIS with their best start of ninth posted by Eliseo Salazar in 2002 and their best finish of 12th posted by A.J. Foyt IV in the ABC Supply No. 14 in 2005. Team owner A.J. Foyt won twice at MIS in his Coyote/Foyt Indy cars and both times from the pole: the 200-miler in July, 1975 and the 150-miler in September, 1976. He won five straight poles at events held there: 9/74, 7/75, 9/75, 7/76 and 9/76. He won four USAC stock car events at the track ('70, '73, '74, '76).
* The Firestone Indy 400 will be televised live Sunday, August 5th starting at 12 noon ET on ESPN2.