Hornish's Third Leads Toyota In Kentucky Qualifying - Sam Hornish Jr. (Marlboro Toyota) missed a spot on the front row by just..0160 seconds, but his third-place effort led all Toyota-powered cars in qualifying for Sunday's Belterra Casino ...
Hornish's Third Leads Toyota In Kentucky Qualifying
- Sam Hornish Jr. (Marlboro Toyota) missed a spot on the front row by just..0160 seconds, but his third-place effort led all Toyota-powered cars in qualifying for Sunday's Belterra Casino Indy 300 at the Kentucky Speedway.
- With today's third, Penske Racing has now been the top qualifying Toyota in nine of the 11 races run this season. Helio Castroneves has been the top Toyota in five of those nine with Sam Hornish Jr. now the top qualifying Toyota in four races after today's effort.
- Sam Hornish Jr.'s third marks his fifth top-five qualifying performance in the last six races. During the last six events, Hornish has finished in the top-four four times and has finished second, third and fourth in his three most recent races. With his recent run, he has climbed comfortably into the top-five in points after falling to ninth overall after the Indianapolis 500.
- Helio Castroneves (Marlboro Toyota) made it two Marlboro Team Penske cars in the top six with a sixth-place showing today. Castroneves has qualified in the top-six in five of his last six events.
- With an eighth today, Darren Manning (Target Toyota) registered the fourth top-10 qualifying effort of his debut season in the IndyCar Series.
- Scott Dixon (Target Toyota) made it four Toyotas and two Target Chip Ganassi Racing cars in the top-10 with a ninth today.
- Scott Sharp (Delphi Toyota) qualified for his 93rd IndyCar Series race and his 85th consecutive event both IndyCar Series records.
Belterra Casino Indy 300, Kentucky Speedway, ABC, 3:30 p.m. EDT