Dario Franchitti on the AMBER Alert Portal Indy 300: "I'm looking forward to racing at Kentucky. There is always a great crowd on hand for the event. The ArcaEx team has been very strong over the past five outings and, hopefully, we...
Dario Franchitti on the AMBER Alert Portal Indy 300:
"I'm looking forward to racing at Kentucky. There is always a great crowd on hand for the event. The ArcaEx team has been very strong over the past five outings and, hopefully, we will have another strong performance, as we did on the 1.5-mile oval at Kansas."
Dario Franchitti Facts
* The AMBER Alert Portal Indy 300 will mark Franchitti's 32nd career IndyCar Series start.
* Franchitti has six top-five and nine top-10 finishes this season. His best performances have been a victory at Nashville (July 16), second at Richmond (June 25) and Milwaukee (July 24) and a third at St. Petersburg (April 3).
* Franchitti compiled a string of four consecutive top-five finishes from June 25 - July 24 which included a second at Milwaukee (July 24), victory at Nashville (July 16), fourth at Kansas (July 3) and second at Richmond (June 25).
* Franchitti has led 312 laps this season to rank second among 2005 lap leaders, including leading 44 laps at Milwaukee, 74 laps at Nashville, 56 laps at Richmond, 67 laps at Motegi and 52 laps at Phoenix.
* Entering the Kentucky event, Franchitti is fourth in the driver point standings with 333 points.
* Franchitti finished sixth at the 89th running of the Indianapolis 500 after starting in the sixth position.
* The Scotsman recorded his first IndyCar Series MBNA Pole Award at Texas (June 10, 2004).
* Each of Franchitti's three IndyCar Series victories have come on tracks of 1.33 miles or smaller, including the 1-mile ovals at Milwaukee (2004) and Pikes Peak (2004) and the 1.33-mile Nashville track (2005).
* Franchitti has 14 major open-wheel racing victories and 12 career pole positions.
Allen McDonald, Race Engineer, #27 ArcaEx Dallara/Honda/Firestone, on the Amber Alert Portal Indy 300:
"Kentucky Speedway is very similar to both Kansas and Nashville where the ArcaEx team recorded good races earlier this year. It also begins a string of three consecutive tracks where Dario has been very fast. He was among the leaders at Kentucky last year, then won at Pikes Peak, and was fastest at the Infineon Open Test in April. We'd like to kick off that string with a good race this weekend."