Dixon wins pole, Scheckter second Scott Dixon -- No. 9 Target Toyota Qualified -- 1st Speed -- 218.085 mph "I've got to thank Team Target, Toyota and G Force. We've been quick ever since we unloaded and the credit has to go to them. It's...
Dixon wins pole, Scheckter second
-- No. 9 Target Toyota
Qualified -- 1st
Speed -- 218.085 mph
"I've got to thank Team Target, Toyota and G Force. We've been quick ever since we unloaded and the credit has to go to them. It's a great feeling to win another pole. Going into qualifying, we pretty much knew it was going to be between one of us. I actually thought Tomas (Scheckter) was going to get it. He's been fast all weekend. As I said, I think a lot of the credit goes to Team Target for giving me such fast cars. Hopefully, things will go the same way that Richmond went. We enjoy it a lot, leading a lot of laps, so we'll see if we can do it again. We both want to finish well in the race, so we're going to conserve the cars. I'm not going to do anything drastic, and I'm sure Tomas (Scheckter) is the same. We'll be pretty steady and just see how the day plays out, conserve gas if we can. I think our package is pretty good in the race. "
-- No. 10 Target Toyota
Qualified -- 2nd
Speed -- 217.892 mph
"The team has done such a great job. It's great to be on the front row with my teammate. I'm looking forward to the race tomorrow. I think we've got pretty good race cars, so if everything comes together, hopefully, we'll have the same result tomorrow. (About the heat): "This heat is great if you are lying on the beach, but driving a car is a different story. Scott (Dixon) and I are pretty fit, and I feel that it will play in our favor tomorrow. I believe Firestone will have good tires, and we will only have to conserve fuel. The strategy for tomorrow is going to play on how the car is working. Last year, the car was good, and we could run up front."
- It is the third pole of the season for Dixon and the 3rd pole in the last 4 races for Team Target.
- It is the second time in the last four races that Team Target has swept the top 2 spots in qualifying.
- Team Target has won 4 out of the last poles and 6 out of the last 9.
- Target Chip Ganassi Racing drivers have led EVERY IndyCar session over the last two races. That's 9 consecutive sessions including Dixon's win last weekend in Richmond.
- It is the 7th straight top-6 start for Scott Dixon
- Last year, Scheckter won the pole and led the most laps here in Kansas.
- It is the team's 5th pole in the last 8 races. (4th pole in last 6, 6 in last 9 races)
- With the pole win, another $1,000 is donated by Team Target to Target House and St. Jude's Children's Hospital. So far this year, the team has given $36,575 to the organization.