Today's IndyCar Series headlines
1. Castroneves featured in People, TV Guide
2. Fisher to help open Indianapolis' first Moochie & Co
3. Of note
1. Castroneves featured in People, TV Guide: Two-time Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneves is featured in two national magazines which hit newsstands this week.
The IndyCar Series driver is featured with his "Dancing With The Stars" castmates for the cover story of the Nov. 19th issue of TV Guide and also is featured in People Magazine's Annual "Sexiest Man Alive" issue.
Castroneves is touted as the "Sexiest Speed Demon" and is making his second appearance in this special issue.
"It's such an honor to be a part of the 'Sexiest Man Alive' issue," said Castroneves. "I can't tell you what a compliment it is to be thought of as sexy. I understand that my role on 'Dancing with the Stars' has gotten me noticed by an entirely new audience, but it's also nice to know that going 200 mph for a living is also considered a glamorous job. It's fun to be recognized not only for my career racing cars, but also my moves on the dance floor."
The 32 year-old Brazilian is no stranger to gracing the pages of People Magazine's annual issue dedicated to men. In 2001, he was named "Sexiest Racecar Driver."
2. Fisher to help open Indianapolis' first Moochie & Co.: IndyCar Series driver Sarah Fisher and her chocolate Labrador retriever Wrigley will help open the new location of upscale pet fashion and accessory retailer Moochie & Co., in Indianapolis.
Fisher will appear with her dog from 11 a.m. to noon on Nov. 18 at the Moochie & Co. at Castleton Square Mall to raise awareness for the Moochie & Co. Dog Fighting Bites initiative, a campaign that strives to educate the public and ultimately end dog fighting.
"We are delighted to host a special appearance by popular race car driver Sarah Fisher and her canine co-pilot Wrigley at our Castleton Square Mall store grand opening," said Al Bell, Moochie & Co. CEO. "We know Moochie & Co. will provide a fun and unique shopping environment for Indianapolis dog and cat lovers. We're constantly changing our inventory, so there's always something new to see and experience."
Moochie & Co. features pet products spanning apparel, accessories, carriers, beds, dinnerware, health and beauty, collars, leashes, toys and treats. Among the items at the store are the "i am INDY" pet jersey, leash and collar that will be worn by Wrigley at the appearance.
3. Of note: IndyCar Series drivers Tony Kanaan and Vitor Meira are among the drivers who will compete in the International Challenge of Go-Kart Champs. The event, which is hosted by Formula 1 driver Felipe Massa, takes place in the Brazilian city of Florianopolis on Nov. 24-25 and includes Michael Schumacher, Rubens Barrichello, 2003 Indianapolis 500 winner Gil de Ferran and Indianapolis 500 veteran Roberto Moreno in the 25-driver field--Hideki Mutoh will drive an IndyCar Series car during Super Aguri/ARTA Festa at Twin Ring Motegi on Nov. 22-23. Super Aguri/ARTA Festa is an annual fan "thank you" event that features cars and drivers supported by Aguri Suzuki's ARTA project.
The 2008 IndyCar Series season begins under the lights on March 29 at Homestead-Miami Speedway. The 16-race schedule, one of the most diverse in all of motorsports, features races on 11 ovals, three permanent road courses and two temporary street circuits, all broadcast worldwide through a comprehensive, long-term agreement with ABC Sports/ ESPN. The 2008 Indy Pro Series season also begins on March 29 at Homestead-Miami Speedway. The 16-race schedule, which features eight ovals and four road/street course doubleheader weekends, will be televised by ESPN2.