Dario Franchitti on the 2005 Homestead-Miami Indy 300: "I am greatly anticipating the start of the 2005 season this weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway. The ArcaEx team tasted success with two victories a year ago and the team returns virtually...
Dario Franchitti on the 2005 Homestead-Miami Indy 300:
"I am greatly anticipating the start of the 2005 season this weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway. The ArcaEx team tasted success with two victories a year ago and the team returns virtually intact from last season. We were very pleased with our testing in the off-season and are focused on winning races and challenging for the 2005 IndyCar Series championship."
Dario Franchitti Facts
* Homestead-Miami will mark Franchitti's 21st career IndyCar Series start.
* Franchitti earned his first two IndyCar Series victories in 2004. Those wins came at Milwaukee on July 25 and at Pikes Peak on Aug. 22.
* Both of Franchitti's victories in 2004 came on 1-mile ovals.
* Franchitti dominated the two races which he won last season, leading 111 of 225 laps at Milwaukee, and 128 of 225 laps at Pikes Peak.
* The driver of the #27 ArcaEx entry ranked fourth in laps led in 2004 with 349.
* Franchitti's winning effort at Pikes Peak marked the third IndyCar Series victory by the ArcaEx team, as they also won at Kansas in July 2003, with driver Bryan Herta at the wheel.
* Franchitti recorded five top-five finishes in 2004 (Pikes Peak - first, Milwaukee - first, Texas - second, Nazareth - third, Kansas - fourth).
* Franchitti has 12 major open-wheel racing victories and 12 career pole positions.
Allen McDonald, Race Engineer,
#27 ArcaEx Dallara/Honda/Firestone, on the 2005 Homestead-Miami Indy 300:
"We're excited to be starting a new season. We have accomplished a lot over the off-season and, with virtually the entire ArcaEx team returning from last year, we are looking to build on what success we had a year ago to hopefully contend for the championship."